Windows 10: I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

Discus and support I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bill413, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Bill413 Win User

I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min.
    I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy.
    Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of global setting that will allow me to save to my own machine! *Mad

thanks, bill

:)

Bill413, Oct 22, 2015

2. How to get audio software to prevent sleep mode w/o changing sleep settings

Hi Adam,

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the computer immediately
    stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working. In Sleep Mode you cannot listen to music. The option that you may take is to change the sleep settings through
    Power & Sleep settings. To change the settings, simply go
    Power & Sleep
    by performing search in Cortana (simply type "power and sleep'). From there, you can see the option and change it to your preference.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions or future concerns.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 22, 2015
  3. BRCjr Win User
    Windows 10 with all current updates will not SLEEP when set,Power to sleep after 10 Minutes

This may or may not resolve issue. I have been looking into this problem and wants feedback. @all settings>system>power & sleep>additional power settings>balanced(recommended)dotted as plan>change plan setting>make selections but make them the same for
    turn off display & put computer to sleep>make sure to save changes>give a minute or few after save changes and should be set also in windows 10 power & sleep>post back what happens

BRCjr, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

1. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep - Similar Threads - cannot save changes

2. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  3. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  4. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  6. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  7. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Power and sleep setting won't save.

Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  9. Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed: Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome....
  10. Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?: Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-save-power-and-sleep-changes-in/c243ed83-f6ee-4418-b498-780d4e708d3c