Windows 10: I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

Discus and support I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bill413, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Bill413 Win User

I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min.
    I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy.
    Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of global setting that will allow me to save to my own machine! *Mad

thanks, bill

:)

Bill413, Oct 22, 2015

2. How to get audio software to prevent sleep mode w/o changing sleep settings

Hi Adam,

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the computer immediately
    stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working. In Sleep Mode you cannot listen to music. The option that you may take is to change the sleep settings through
    Power & Sleep settings. To change the settings, simply go
    Power & Sleep
    by performing search in Cortana (simply type "power and sleep'). From there, you can see the option and change it to your preference.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions or future concerns.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 22, 2015
  3. BRCjr Win User
    Windows 10 with all current updates will not SLEEP when set,Power to sleep after 10 Minutes

This may or may not resolve issue. I have been looking into this problem and wants feedback. @all settings>system>power & sleep>additional power settings>balanced(recommended)dotted as plan>change plan setting>make selections but make them the same for
    turn off display & put computer to sleep>make sure to save changes>give a minute or few after save changes and should be set also in windows 10 power & sleep>post back what happens

BRCjr, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

1. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep - Similar Threads - cannot save changes

2. Power Saving Switch is changed issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Power Saving Switch is changed issue on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Updating Windows 10 can sometimes be a troublesome experience. Some users reported to us that soon after they finished installing an update, they started seeing Power Saving Switch is changed box on their computer screen. If if you reboot, the [...] This...
  3. power and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep: the setting appears correct but the screen does not go dark after the set time regardless. How do I re-set it to go off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep/29aa110c-2bf7-4052-8734-40665671d648
  4. power and sleep

power and sleep: dear people … after about a month and some updates the power & sleep settings just does not work period … when the "when plugged in" screen is set to 10 minutes and sleep is set to 15 minutes … and … "screen saver is set start after idle for 3 minutes … in less than a...
  5. Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?: Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-save-power-and-sleep-changes-in/c243ed83-f6ee-4418-b498-780d4e708d3c
  6. Windows sleeping after changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sleeping after changing power options: Hey guys, I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save and the laptop sleeps after a couple of minutes leaving it unattended. I tried changing the sleep after unattended option...
  7. Power Saving

Power Saving: My Dell monitor shuts off at will. I change settings to Never (shut down)(sleep). When this happens I am usually in the middle of what I was doing or listening to. For a while, it was not doing this. Then I got a Windows update and it started all over again. I tried to...
  8. "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update)

"Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update): [img] After updating Win10 with the fall update version 1809 I got the above pop-up, no matter how many times I reboot this pop-up is there every time I log on. I cannot find a "Power Saving Switch" in my Power Settings, does anyone know what this is or what it does? or...
  9. "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Power Savings Switch" is changed. (1809 update): [img] After updating Win10 with the fall update version 1809 I got the above pop-up, no matter how many times I reboot this pop-up is there every time I log on. I cannot find a "Power Saving Switch" in my Power Settings, does anyone know what this is or what it does? or...
  10. Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.

Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.: Hello all, Like the topic of the post says, the power options are not working correctly. I set the time for the screen saver to come on as well as the timer to put the computer to sleep and after monitoring the computer, neither did as was intended. I have manipulated the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1 Microsoft Way Redmondchange power and sleep settings in windows 10