Windows 10: I cannot save my photos where I want to...

Discus and support I cannot save my photos where I want to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got Windows 10, and have had a lot of problems. Some of them have been fixed. Now, when I try to edit my photos, in Microsoft Paint, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StaceyUffelman, Sep 30, 2020.

1. I cannot save my photos where I want to...

I recently got Windows 10, and have had a lot of problems. Some of them have been fixed.

Now, when I try to edit my photos, in Microsoft Paint, as I've always done I click save on Microsoft paint, and I get this message:

Paint cannot save this file.

Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved.

Earlier I got some message that I could not save something because I am not the administrator of my own computer : .

What is going on? I have hand nothing but trouble with Windows 10.

:)

StaceyUffelman, Sep 30, 2020

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 30, 2020
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 30, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

I cannot save my photos where I want to...

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

I cannot save my photos where I want to...

1. I cannot save my photos where I want to... - Similar Threads - cannot save photos

2. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  3. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  4. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Uninstalled OneDrive, not saving to my Documents like I want, where are my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled OneDrive, not saving to my Documents like I want, where are my files?: Hello!I wanted a fresh re-install of a game Starfield, including new save files, and any preferences being stored in my Users/.../Documents. It turns out it was saving to OneDrive/.../Documents. So, I uninstalled OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder entirely. After...
  6. Uninstalled OneDrive, not saving to my Documents like I want, where are my files?

Uninstalled OneDrive, not saving to my Documents like I want, where are my files?: Hello!I wanted a fresh re-install of a game Starfield, including new save files, and any preferences being stored in my User/.../Documents. It turns out it was saving to OneDrive/.../Documents. So, I uninstalled OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder entirely. After...
  7. I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...: I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a copy' button is greyed out and does not respond so I cannot save my output. can you help or suggest an alternative simple program that works?...
  8. I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...

I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a...: I want to trim a video in Microsoft Photos. I Select the portion to save but the 'save a copy' button is greyed out and does not respond so I cannot save my output. can you help or suggest an alternative simple program that works?...
  9. Where are my snip and save photos put?

Where are my snip and save photos put?: Where are my snip and save phots put? HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-snip-and-save-photos-put/7aea4399-8a79-473d-9849-9ffd59086b40
  10. Can't find where I saved my photos.

Can't find where I saved my photos.: I can't find where I've saved my photos. I need several suggestions, since it seems I've tried everything. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-where-i-saved-my-photos/80544c8e-0658-42f0-814a-0a354612b89f"