Windows 10: I cannot see an user account

Discus and support I cannot see an user account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, i was installing windows after formatting my computer and after it finished i was installing stuff when i noticed it had created my user folder as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gustavo1varela, May 30, 2020.

1. I cannot see an user account

So, i was installing windows after formatting my computer and after it finished i was installing stuff when i noticed it had created my user folder as just a random shortened form of my name. I found on a forum saying it could be solved creating a new local user, so i did it. I finished configuring the new profile, now with my user folder with the name i wanted. I went to settings to delete the first user created with the microsoft account i did click delete, whe i was asked about data and etc i clicked on cancel. The user was not deleted, as i intended, cuz i remembered i still had to pass one thing more. But then as i was going to delete it for real now, the user was not listed anymore on other users on the account settings. I cannot in anyway make it be deleted. It is still accessible logging in it, and it does see the local user. I wanted to do 2 things, then: delete the old user, and make the new user be a syncked microssoft account user, cuz it still displays as a local user even i having logged in my microsoft account on it. If you could help me with it it would be awesome, any questions, ill try to answer in the best of my capacity, even more cuz idk if i made me complete clear on this not so good english im typing this in.

:)

gustavo1varela, May 30, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 30, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, May 30, 2020
  4. I cannot see an user account

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 30, 2020
Thema:

I cannot see an user account

1. I cannot see an user account - Similar Threads - cannot user account

2. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  3. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  4. I cannot to see my orders history in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot to see my orders history in Microsoft account: Hello, how to see the orders history in my Microsoft account? I have bought Windows Server 2022 Standart. But i cannot to see my order history in my account. Link https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders does not work, it just always redirects me to the login page, even...
  5. On "Your Info", I cannot see "Sign in with a Microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On "Your Info", I cannot see "Sign in with a Microsoft account": I have setup my coputer new with Windows 10. It is setup with a local account Administrator. I want to set set up my Microsoft account, but under Settings -> Account -> My Info, I cannot see the link "Sign in with a Microsoft account"...
  6. Why User Account Control is a joke as I see it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why User Account Control is a joke as I see it: The so-called user account control is not as important as some people say - at least this is the way I see the situation. Why? 1. The only thing the so-called UAC does is reducing the number of notifications you get. As as I see it correct me if I am wrong it makes less...
  7. Cannot see account at log in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot see account at log in screen: I am trying to add myself as a second user to my wife's PC (Windows 10). I have done that (as administrator) but my account does NOT show up at login. I cannot see the register key logonUI in the registry....
  8. in the user file i can't see my account user file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in the user file i can't see my account user file.: I hide my account folder by mistake and when I tried to unhide the folder in the view ribbon, I only got the default user and not my user. [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. new user account can't see pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    new user account can't see pictures: I created a new user account for my spouse but we aren't able to access pics that are on the computer. I can't figure it out, any help appreciated. 93154

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve window phone microssoft account problem