Windows 10: i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop

Discus and support i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my jprinter goes i just cannot see any icons on my desktop or scanner even when i search there is nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lance and CindyClamp, Nov 7, 2020.

1. i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop

my jprinter goes i just cannot see any icons on my desktop or scanner even when i search there is nothing

:)

Lance and CindyClamp, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Dave K B Win User

Adding my Scanner Icon to my Desktop

My scanner is installed correctly, but I can not get an icon to my desktop. I tried the Start-Settings- Printers and Scanners and found the scanner listed, but I can not 'right click' to add shortcut. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Dave K B, Nov 7, 2020
  3. icon for brothers printer and scanner

I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions

JaniceCorrall, Nov 7, 2020
  4. i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop

Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop

1. i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop - Similar Threads - cannot printer icons

2. The pc cannot see the scanner.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The pc cannot see the scanner.: HiI have a Windows 11 machine where the software is up to date. It is attached wirelessly to a HP 5032 printer scanner. The pc cannot see the scanner. How is this problem to be resolved? Best RegardsPaul...
  3. The pc cannot see the scanner.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc cannot see the scanner.: HiI have a Windows 11 machine where the software is up to date. It is attached wirelessly to a HP 5032 printer scanner. The pc cannot see the scanner. How is this problem to be resolved? Best RegardsPaul...
  4. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  5. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  6. Cannot see any program icon on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see any program icon on my PC: I cannot see any icon on my taskbar, desktop, folder and I also can't open properties tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-any-program-icon-on-my-pc/e54e2b94-51fb-4dc1-958b-8a22925d70fd
  7. I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop: I have a desktop folder full of files and such, but I did something by accident and now the items that are in my desktop folder don't show on my desktop screen. Can you help? Thanks...
  8. Printer icon not in printer & scanner but I can print on it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer icon not in printer & scanner but I can print on it: Hello --- I just connected and installed the epson 4740 all in one printer using the epson software setup It seems that I can print to it from "notepad" and chrome, but I can't find an icon for it in the system settings for printers It is connected via the usb port...
  9. Cannot see any icons on desktop except one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot see any icons on desktop except one: So, all of the icons disappeared from my desktop. I can still see taskbar. The only icon i can see is some "AI Suite" thing. Whenever i try to drag something from explorer to the desktop it simply disappears. What could be wrong?...
  10. icon for brothers printer and scanner

icon for brothers printer and scanner: I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-brothers-printer-and-scanner/6a922a25-07f4-4e47-9e18-dc8741020eb6