Windows 10: i cannot see my W7 PC onthe network, same workgruop?

Discus and support i cannot see my W7 PC onthe network, same workgruop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created a workgroup which both W7 Pcs work okay however the Windows 10 does not want to connect. This seems a very difficult setup which I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bridoh, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Bridoh Win User

i cannot see my W7 PC onthe network, same workgruop?

I have created a workgroup which both W7 Pcs work okay however the Windows 10 does not want to connect. This seems a very difficult setup which I am failing at, any suggestions please?

:)

Bridoh, Oct 16, 2018
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Oct 16, 2018
  3. No network connection after upgrade from W7 to W10

Hi John,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We understand your concern suggest you to perform the following methods and check:

Method 1:

Run the Network Troubleshooter and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Click on Start button and type
      Troubleshoot and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Network and Internet, click on
      Network Adapter.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2:

Update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
      uninstall and re-install the Network Adapter drivers
      in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:
    • Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 16, 2018
  4. i cannot see my W7 PC onthe network, same workgruop?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

i cannot see my W7 PC onthe network, same workgruop?

1. i cannot see my W7 PC onthe network, same workgruop? - Similar Threads - cannot onthe network

2. Cannot see other pc on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  3. My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer

My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer: My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer BUT other PCs on same network can see the all others including themselves. What is wrong with my PC? I have tried all of the usual things in Services ( 4 different ones ), Firewall on & off, etc. Any suggestions please. 168386
  4. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  5. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  6. Cannot see my PC on my network

Cannot see my PC on my network: I have four Windows 10 PCs and a network attached storage unit. Only one PC can see the other pcs and NAS iin the system. All of the other PCS only can see themselves. One pc was just converted from windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and a clean install was done to accomplish...
  7. Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...

Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...: I have two computers in my office. My desktop and a laptop that goes home with me every night. When at work I connect my laptop to our offices hard wired workgroup of pc's, and I also have it connected to wifi so that I can get online as well. Most of our hardwired, networked...
  8. I cannot see other computers on my network.

I cannot see other computers on my network.: I cannot see other computers on my network from my Windows 10 home desktop. I can ping them just fine. I've tried; Follow these steps: a. Click the "Start" button . b. In the search box, type "command prompt." c. In the list of results, right-click...
  9. I cannot see computer in my network

I cannot see computer in my network: before last update it was possible to share data between different computer in my network, now I cannot connect to one of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-cannot-see-computer-in-my-network/1884a860-0408-4f23-b8be-084db83a2d78
  10. Cannot see my shared pc on network

Cannot see my shared pc on network: Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers...