Windows 10: I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network

Discus and support I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife’s new Windows 10 computer can see our two PCs, James and Deb, on our home Wi-Fi Network along with all other connected devices. I am also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by j0e5d4i9, Nov 14, 2018.

1. j0e5d4i9 Win User

I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network

My wife’s new Windows 10 computer can see our two PCs, James and Deb, on our home Wi-Fi Network along with all other connected devices. I am also running Windows 10 on a two-year-old PC. I cannot see the PCs, but I can see the other devices connected to the network.

I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network cda99df7-eb0e-41c9-b639-c53d2a452382?upload=true.jpg

What may be causing this problem?

:)

j0e5d4i9, Nov 14, 2018
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Chino Win User
    Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh Delivers Intelligent Wi-Fi Networks

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh , bringing efficient, self-organizing networks that deliver a broad footprint of uniform Wi-Fi service. Built on the promise of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED , Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a standards-based approach to deploying adaptable networks comprised of multiple access points from different vendors, extending uniform Wi-Fi coverage and enhancing performance throughout a larger service area than is possible with a single access point. Wi-Fi EasyMesh allows users and service providers to select interoperable devices across different brands to ensure fast, wide, and reliable Wi-Fi coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh technology coordinates multiple access points into a unified and intelligent Wi-Fi network that autonomously aids all areas of the home to have complete Wi-Fi coverage. Access points organize themselves and establish high-performance Wi-Fi network connectivity with minimal effort required by the user. After the initial simple setup, Wi-Fi EasyMesh monitors network conditions and self-adapts as needed. Wi-Fi EasyMesh guides smartphones, tablets, and other user devices to the optimal access point, enabling a seamless experience, even when moving throughout the home. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks accommodate a greater selection of devices across brands and are also extensible, making it easy for users to introduce new Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points into their network. Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points today will maintain interoperability with future Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, providing an enhanced user experience for years to come.

I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network sXh8rRSz2TZA5ZHY_thm.jpg

"Wi-Fi EasyMesh offers both service providers and Wi-Fi users a consistent approach to multiple AP solutions," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a standardized solution to a market-leading product category enabling a strong ecosystem for interoperable, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices."

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a Wi-Fi Alliance certification program focused on access points. User devices also experience the benefits of Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, which deliver a consistent level of interoperability between access points and client devices. Other benefits of a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED solution include assurances of Wi-Fi security and accepted protocols, as well as a dependable experience with Wi-Fi EasyMesh setup and management regardless of vendor. Service providers that deploy Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh access points in homes can increase customer satisfaction with their Wi-Fi service. Further, Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks enable customers to seamlessly add an appropriate number of Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points to provide necessary full home coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is the latest in a growing Wi-Fi Alliance technology portfolio that improves the Wi-Fi user experience. Recently launched Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design can leverage Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks in their Wi-Fi CERTIFIED floor plans as another method to deliver integrated, uniform whole home coverage. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks utilize mechanisms from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband , and user devices certified for these capabilities will experience more intelligent steering and faster network transitions for applications such as Wi-Fi calling.

"Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a fundamental innovation for interoperability which is necessary to enable residential IoT and the connected smart home, and products would benefit greatly from being Wi-Fi CERTIFIED," said Adlane Fellah, wireless analyst, Maravedis. "Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a better residential Wi-Fi user experience and a standardized approach further expands an existing market and drives greater innovation among product vendors."

For more information on Wi-Fi EasyMesh, please visit: Wi-Fi EasyMesh | Wi-Fi Alliance.

Chino, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Chino Win User

Wi-Fi Agile Multiband Certification to Enable Intelligent Wireless Networks

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband is a new certification program from Wi-Fi Alliance that enables devices to utilize Wi-Fi network resources better, and networks to adapt and balance load as network conditions change. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband devices dynamically exchange information about a network environment, enabling devices to make smarter decisions and quicker connections in home, enterprise, and managed network environments. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband delivers new capabilities that provide a better experience with both static use cases, such as streaming a high-definition movie, and mobile use cases such as Wi-Fi calling.

I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network X2BRYuDg0djRiot2_thm.jpg

Based on global standards, such as IEEE 802.11 k, v, u, r, and Wi-Fi Alliance defined technologies, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings a standardized approach to efficient Wi-Fi network resource management that also ensures interoperability across device vendors. Key benefits of Wi-Fi Agile Multiband include:
    • Dynamic monitoring (i.e. exchanging network information): Constant, parallel network information exchange about the Wi-Fi radio environment enables client devices to evaluate the best access point (AP), band, or channel connection, avoiding issues with devices that stick to a particular AP longer than appropriate
    • Intelligent steering (i.e. making informed network loading): Mechanisms allow APs to intelligently guide clients to less congested or recommended APs, frequency bands, and channels to balance network traffic and meet other management needs
    • Fast network transitions (i.e. authenticating quicker): Faster, secure roaming while traversing a network delivers improved mobility and better experiences with latency-sensitive applications such as voice-over Wi-Fi and mobile video streaming
    "Today's Wi-Fi delivers connectivity to services and content for many devices in different environments," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings new capabilities that increase network and device performance and ultimately provide a better Wi-Fi user experience."

The first Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband products which comprise the test bed for interoperability certification are:
    • Broadcom BCM4361 11ac STA Reference Design
    • Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset-based 802.11ac 4-stream Concurrent Dual Band Router
    • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
    • Marvell 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi Test Bed Evaluation Kit
    • MediaTek MT7621A+MT7615 802.11abgn/ac Ref. AP
    • Ruckus R710 Access Point
    • Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 Controller
    • Qualcomm mobile Wi-Fi AC2 chipset
    For more information, including a technology overview and technology highlights, please visit: Wi-Fi Agile Multiband | Wi-Fi Alliance

Chino, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network - Similar Threads - Cannot Computers Network

2. Can't see my home Wi-Fi network on just one computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see my home Wi-Fi network on just one computer: Since this morning my Windows 10 pc can't see my home wi-fi network although it can see other available networks in the area. At the same time, another Windows 10 pc, two Windows 11 laptops and a chromebook in the house all have access to the home wi-fi network. I searched...
  3. Can't see my home Wi-Fi network on just one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my home Wi-Fi network on just one computer: Since this morning my Windows 10 pc can't see my home wi-fi network although it can see other available networks in the area. At the same time, another Windows 10 pc, two Windows 11 laptops and a chromebook in the house all have access to the home wi-fi network. I searched...
  4. Can't see my home Wi-Fi network on just one computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot search any wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot search any wi-fi network: Hi,im running windows 10 and yesterday my wifi icon has disappeared. Today i cannot connect to my wifi - even if i open the internet connections menu from control panel, it doesnt show me any available wifi connections. I have tried troubleshooting, resetting winsock,...
  6. Cannot search any wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot search any wi-fi network: Hi,im running windows 10 and yesterday my wifi icon has disappeared. Today i cannot connect to my wifi - even if i open the internet connections menu from control panel, it doesnt show me any available wifi connections. I have tried troubleshooting, resetting winsock,...
  7. I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.: I checked in the Settings if wifi is on and yes, it showed that I have Wi-Fi connection. But I see the icon that means Ethernet connection, not Internet. I tried to reboot my PC and it fixes the issue but only temporary...
  8. I cannot see computer in my network

I cannot see computer in my network: before last update it was possible to share data between different computer in my network, now I cannot connect to one of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-cannot-see-computer-in-my-network/1884a860-0408-4f23-b8be-084db83a2d78
  9. Laptop not seeing any Wi-Fi networks at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not seeing any Wi-Fi networks at all: So I got a BSoD for MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (Which has hapoened before, but that's not what I'm here for) yesterday, and after restarting my computer, i got an icon with a red X, a monitor, anf a cable instead of the usual WiFi icon. I spent all day trying to fix it, to no avail....
  10. Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network

Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network: I am working on a friend HP All-in-one system that has a Wi-Fi interface. It came with Windows 10 so there has been no upgrade from a previous version of Windows. Some of the System Specification: HP 23-r119c All-in-One Desktop PC Intel Core i3-4170T CPU 8 GB of memory...