Windows 10: I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11

Discus and support I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am in need for great assistance. I know its not exclusive to Windows 11 but I've been experiencing a problem with not seeing the thumbnail of a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Uhtred of Bebanburg, Apr 22, 2022.

1. I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11

I am in need for great assistance. I know its not exclusive to Windows 11 but I've been experiencing a problem with not seeing the thumbnail of a file from an external drive/USB/Phone for as long as I can remember. I've tried going to the file options and unchecking the "Always show icons, never thumbnail" and it still did not yield any results..I apologies if the solution is as obvious as day, but I am not as tech savy as one may believe. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Uhtred of Bebanburg, Apr 22, 2022
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Apr 22, 2022
  4. I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11

1. I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - cannot thumbnails phone's

2. Downloaded files won't display thumbnails when I connect my phone via USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files won't display thumbnails when I connect my phone via USB: Hello, i am running windows 10 with a Motorola MotoG Stylus 5G. My laptop displays images on it just fine. The issue is when i connect my phone via USB for file sharing. The images I downloaded to my phone will not display thumbnails. Images people sent me for example or...
  3. Downloaded files won't display thumbnails when I connect my phone via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files won't display thumbnails when I connect my phone via USB: Hello, i am running windows 10 with a Motorola MotoG Stylus 5G. My laptop displays images on it just fine. The issue is when i connect my phone via USB for file sharing. The images I downloaded to my phone will not display thumbnails. Images people sent me for example or...
  4. Downloaded files won't display thumbnails when I connect my phone via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11

I cannot see thumbnails of my phone's files when connected to my laptop in Windows 11: I am in need for great assistance. I know its not exclusive to Windows 11 but I've been experiencing a problem with not seeing the thumbnail of a file from an external drive/USB/Phone for as long as I can remember. I've tried going to the file options and unchecking the...
  6. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  7. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  8. connecting my phone to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting my phone to my laptop: i cant get the notification on my phone to confirm the linkin, everything in the trouble shoot page has been checked and everything is perfect, i even factory reset my phone, logged out and in on my laptop but nothing works...
  9. Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone)

Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone): [img] Hi All, The attached screenshot says it all. I have a Huawei Mate 10 android phone bluetooth connected to my Windows 10 machine. The "Your Phone" app has connected to the phone but claims that my PC has no bluetooth. I have dragged my bluetooth devices window...
  10. Cannot see phone files on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see phone files on computer: I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card. I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows...