Windows 10: I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

Discus and support I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I checked in the Settings if wifi is on and yes, it showed that I have Wi-Fi connection. But I see the icon that means Ethernet connection, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JessieValle, Dec 20, 2019.

1. I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

I checked in the Settings if wifi is on and yes, it showed that I have Wi-Fi connection. But I see the icon that means Ethernet connection, not Internet. I tried to reboot my PC and it fixes the issue but only temporary

:)

JessieValle, Dec 20, 2019

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

I have my 'old' Black Panther system now connected by a wi-fi dongle.

There isn't a networking problem here, because the pc gets online with no problem.

However the bottom-right icon (near the clock) shows the symbol for not connected - 5 empty bars and a red cross over them.
    Mousing over the icon it says 'network - internet access' *Confused I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar. :confused: And there is internet.

Why isn't the correct icon showing up? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Dec 20, 2019
  4. allant51 Win User

I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

1. I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar. - Similar Threads - cannot icon task

2. Cant see wi fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant see wi fi: Tried to do alot of things still can’t see wi fi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-wi-fi/7835e16b-803f-4fc7-a4e4-6d59f5951ea2
  3. Cant see wi fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant see wi fi: Tried to do alot of things still can’t see wi fi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-wi-fi/7835e16b-803f-4fc7-a4e4-6d59f5951ea2
  4. Cant see wi fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot write password in the Wi-Fi bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot write password in the Wi-Fi bar: Hi everyone I tried to write the password in the bar on my HP laptop and it’s not writing anything. I also have a LP like sign next to all the options.The keyboard is working in every other place but the Wi-Fi password bar.Any advice what to do?...
  6. Cannot write password in the Wi-Fi bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write password in the Wi-Fi bar: Hi everyone I tried to write the password in the bar on my HP laptop and it’s not writing anything. I also have a LP like sign next to all the options.The keyboard is working in every other place but the Wi-Fi password bar.Any advice what to do?...
  7. Cannot write password in the Wi-Fi bar

8. Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon?

Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon?: Everytime I open Network and Internet to connect at a router i can not see the Wi-Fi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-on-the-task-bar-i-do-not-have-the-wi-fi-icon/74f4e5ed-8596-4377-8b21-dcec6727ec8f
  9. I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network

I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network: My wife’s new Windows 10 computer can see our two PCs, James and Deb, on our home Wi-Fi Network along with all other connected devices. I am also running Windows 10 on a two-year-old PC. I cannot see the PCs, but I can see the other devices connected to the network. [ATTACH]...
  10. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c