Windows 10: I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update

Discus and support I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For several months, I have been trying to clear enough storage space, but I just cannot seem to clear enough. I have even deleted all my files from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AwkwardAlexx, Dec 13, 2019.

1. I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update

For several months, I have been trying to clear enough storage space, but I just cannot seem to clear enough. I have even deleted all my files from my laptop, but there is still only a bit of storage left. I am afraid to tell my aunt. She is incredibly bipolar and I do not want to upset her even more than she is constantly. Does anyone have any tips? I have tried literally anything I could think of...

:)

AwkwardAlexx, Dec 13, 2019
  2. gknorm Win User

Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Dec 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Dec 13, 2019
  4. I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update

Accidentally Cancelled An Update - Which files can be removed to clear space

• Right-click start and choose "Run" then type cleanmgr ("cleanup manager") and click OK.
    • If asked to choose a drive, pick your C: drive (or wherever Windows is installed).
    • In the popup, ignore everything and click the "Clean up system files" button. Don't miss this step.
    • Now you can select all the update-related stuff above to clear it out (or clear it all, all of it is safe to remove if you want to free space).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update

1. I Cannot Seem To Clear Storage Space For An Update - Similar Threads - Cannot Seem Clear

2. Windows storage sense space cleared on every Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows storage sense space cleared on every Run: Hi Team, Do we have any options to fetch spaces cleared and last run time by storage sense apart from going to Windows settings and looking as we need to capture this details for group of machines More than 100K count....
  3. Windows storage sense space cleared on every Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows storage sense space cleared on every Run: Hi Team, Do we have any options to fetch spaces cleared and last run time by storage sense apart from going to Windows settings and looking as we need to capture this details for group of machines More than 100K count....
  4. clearing storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clearing storage: Im trying to clear my storage and Im almost deleted everything but it is still not clearing some space. I dont want to delete in some folders that I dont know so I need help why my storage is not clearing out....
  5. clearing storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clearing storage: Im trying to clear my storage and Im almost deleted everything but it is still not clearing some space. I dont want to delete in some folders that I dont know so I need help why my storage is not clearing out....
  6. clearing storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Storage space for Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage space for Updates: For a while now, I've been getting a pop-up that says "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix" It then tells me there is insufficient space to complete updates with an icon to click to free up space. I have freed up every option to where it says 0% and it still...
  8. Storage space for Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space for Updates: For a while now, I've been getting a pop-up that says "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix" It then tells me there is insufficient space to complete updates with an icon to click to free up space. I have freed up every option to where it says 0% and it still...
  9. Clearing storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clearing storage space: I'm trying to clear up some space. I've cleared and deleted all unwanted files, the issue is when I open up my storage it indicates that 'temporary files' are taking up 4.25GB of space, yet when I open it up it shows only 50MB worth of data to clear. I have previously cleared...
  10. Cannot access Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access Storage Space: I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer. Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated. I now have the following situation. The...