Windows 10: I cannot seem to save my bitlocker key to my microsfot account. Is it being saved on...

Discus and support I cannot seem to save my bitlocker key to my microsfot account. Is it being saved on... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just bought my windows 10 pro and I used bitlocker and selected save my bitlocker key to the cloud. when I accessed my Microsoft account I could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Voxe(2), Nov 15, 2019.

1. Voxe(2) Win User

I cannot seem to save my bitlocker key to my microsfot account. Is it being saved on...

I just bought my windows 10 pro and I used bitlocker and selected save my bitlocker key to the cloud. when I accessed my Microsoft account I could not find it. have my bit locker keys been saved to another Microsoft account? im worry about a compromise of security.

:)

Voxe(2), Nov 15, 2019

2. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Nov 15, 2019
  4. DET_q Win User

I cannot seem to save my bitlocker key to my microsfot account. Is it being saved on...

Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account

I have enabled BitLocker after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro account (from Windows 10 Home). My internal hard drive appeared to be already encrypted (not sure how) and there is a recovery key listed in my cloud domain account. I have now encrypted my external
    backup drive also, and am trying to store the recovery key for that drive in my account. I click "Save to your cloud domain account", and a pop up appears saying "please wait while recovery key is saved". This completes, with no errors displayed. But when
    I look in my cloud account, I still just see the original recovery key from my internal drive listed, and no new key appears in the list. If I save the key to file, it saves fine (but that is not a good long term solution for me). Does anyone know how to actually
    save this key to the cloud account?

Thanks

DET_q, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot seem to save my bitlocker key to my microsfot account. Is it being saved on... - Similar Threads - cannot seem save

2. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?: I recently changed My laptop’s hard disk .I replaced with SSD and fixed my previous hardisk as secondary hard drive then post 1 week it is locked and Asking for BitLocker recovery key .unfortunately I didn’t saved any keys in my Microsoft account.No am unable to access my...
  3. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?: I recently changed My laptop’s hard disk .I replaced with SSD and fixed my previous hardisk as secondary hard drive then post 1 week it is locked and Asking for BitLocker recovery key .unfortunately I didn’t saved any keys in my Microsoft account.No am unable to access my...
  4. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account: I am the first user. At the first use of the computer the bitlocker was not stored by default to my Microsoft account. I cannot access my hard drive now. I need Miscrosoft to provide me with the bitlockerThank you...
  6. At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account: I am the first user. At the first use of the computer the bitlocker was not stored by default to my Microsoft account. I cannot access my hard drive now. I need Miscrosoft to provide me with the bitlockerThank you...
  7. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  8. I'm having trouble saving my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.

I'm having trouble saving my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.: Not sure why it does this but, I can't save my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.Any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-saving-my-bitlocker-keys-to-my/82dbffae-04d1-4d44-9489-e6e9d2c53895
  9. Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account.

Teams is preventing me from saving my bitlocker Keys to my Microsoft account.: Hi,I have a personal laptop which has Teams installed.During the Teams installation/login, I made sure uncheck the box that allows my organization to manage my device.Today, I was managing my bitlocker keys and noticed this laptop has an option I have never seen before - save...
  10. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...