Windows 10: I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store

Discus and support I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store. I've set the drive to be the default location for new apps but I cannot select it in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Morgan Corey, Aug 18, 2020.

1. I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store

I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store. I've set the drive to be the default location for new apps but I cannot select it in the store. The dropdown menu only lets me select my C drive.

:)

Morgan Corey, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Marco Gav Win User

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Aug 18, 2020
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 18, 2020
  4. twynog Win User

I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store

1. I cannot select my external drive in the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - cannot select external

2. How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?: When I am given an option to choose where I want to install a game I'm only given the option for C: and D:. I have a third which is my external hard drive. I've seen other people ask similar questions and have gone into my settings > storage > change where new content is...
  3. How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?: When I am given an option to choose where I want to install a game I'm only given the option for C: and D:. I have a third which is my external hard drive. I've seen other people ask similar questions and have gone into my settings > storage > change where new content is...
  4. How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  6. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  7. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

8. Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App

Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App: I recently bought Halo on the Microsoft Store, and installed it on my external HDD, as there is not enough space on my laptops SDD. Once the installation had finished, whenever I tried to eject the hard drive, an error message appeared, stating 'This device is currently in...
  9. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive: Hello I'm having trouble with the Microsoft store not detecting My External Hard drive it's saying From your compatible drives pick one with at least 127.0 GB And all that comes up is C: 10.9 GB Disk space remaining When I have got a hard drive which is called WEOYC25-1T F:...
  10. Microsoft store not detecting external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft store not detecting external drive: My son is trying to instal Microsoft Flight Simulator, but Microsoft Store is not detecting his external drive, though it is visible in Disk Management. It is usable on Steam....