Windows 10: I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Discus and support I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dogpark, Mar 29, 2019.

1. dogpark Win User

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Hi,

updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused
    Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out.

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings. [​IMG]

If I change "choose your color" from Light to Dark Start, taskbar & action center is no longer grayed out. But I like Light.

Modding the registry entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Themes \ Personalize ColorPrevalence to 1 places a check mark in the square, but it's still grayed out...
    The taskbar is no longer white tho, it is now colored.

Ran sfc /scannow, DISM Restore Health. Both said all good.
    Cannot find a Troubleshooter for the taskbar.

Added a local account, it & works perfectly.
    any ideas how to get Start, taskbar & action center back with out going Dark?

Thanks

:)

dogpark, Mar 29, 2019
  2. gogopogo Win User

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed

I'm a tad confused. :/

I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional).

But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is listed and On; however this doesn't result in to the same
    Transparency of the Start, taskbar and action center screens.

Why are the Settings options different or configured and listed differently on PCs running with same version of Windows?

How many variations are there?

Where is the definitive help (when "Find a setting" shows options that are not available in reality).

Thanks

gogopogo, Mar 29, 2019
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 29, 2019
  4. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

1. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings. - Similar Threads - cannot select start

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. taskbar turns white and I cannot set on the "start, taskbar and action center"

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar turns white and I cannot set on the "start, taskbar and action center": Hi, the task barn turns white and I cannot activate the "start, task bar and action center" to get it black again. Thanks for any help you can give me Regards Giancarlo...
  4. Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

in Windows 10 News
    Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users have reported a weird issue after installing a new feature update for Windows 10. While trying to make changes to the Colors settings in Windows 10, the Start, taskbar, and action center options are greyed out under Show [...] This post Start,...
  5. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center: I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is ever going to be fixed. This problem was introduced in Feature update, Windows 10, Version 1903. Thanks...
  6. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  7. Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors)

Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors): In the Personalization/Colors (Show accent color on the following surfaces) I can not select Start, taskbar, and action center only Title bars is available. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thank you...
  8. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  9. Taskbar action center settings

Taskbar action center settings: how can I display action center icons side by side not under each other. II have to unlock taskbar, increase size then adjust volume / see battery charge etc. I want the icons side by side again...
  10. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...: I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show accent color start taskbar grayed out

2. cannot change taskbar color windows 10

3. taskbar color settings

4. toolbar color setting,
  5. cannot change color of taskbar,
  6. my pc window 10 personailization setting the start taskbar and action center will not turn on,
  7. cant turn on show color on start taskbar and action center turned on and off,
  8. why am i not abel to select start taskbar and action centre in colour settings,
  9. why is my taskbar and start greyed out in windows 10 1903,
  10. task bar setting greyed out,
  11. windows 1903 taskbar white,
  12. windows 1903 change taskbar color,
  13. show accent color on the following surfaces select the start taskbar and action center and title bars check boxes. - start taskbar greyed out,
  14. start taskbar and action center wont select,
  15. win10 task bar cant change colror