Windows 10: I cannot set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default

Discus and support I cannot set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Edge as a default reader and don’t have any opportunity to set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default. I tried to reset the Edge app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Roth4, Dec 6, 2018.

1. I cannot set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default

I use Microsoft Edge as a default reader and don’t have any opportunity to set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default. I tried to reset the Edge app and remove it from the default. However, I am able to select AAR only for PDFxml files but not for PDF files.

:)

Chris Roth4, Dec 6, 2018
  2. dchasity Win User

I want Adobe Acrobat Standard X to be my default not Reader

Hello there. Thank you for trying to help me figure setting Acrobat Standard X as the default for pdf's instead of Adobe Reader.

I followed your steps and unfortunately it does not change the default to open with Acrobat Standard X; it still opens it in reader. I can right click on each individual pdf and make it open with Acrobat Standard X but that is very time consuming and not
    what I used to have to do. Any other suggestions please?

Thank you,

Chasity Distasio

dchasity, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) prevented as Default PDF file Opener

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to set default applications by file type from Windows settings. Follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Select Default apps option.

4. Select Choose
    default app by file type.

5. Next to .pdf choose a default application as
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

If the issue still persists try to Set Acrobat or Reader as the default PDF owner. Refer the following link steps to

set Acrobat or reader as the default PDF owner

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 6, 2018
  4. I cannot set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

I cannot set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default

1. I cannot set Adobe Acrobat Reader as a default - Similar Threads - cannot set Adobe

2. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello,I cannot unistall or repair or install Adobe Reader DC. Obviously I corrupted it for some reason, quite awhile ago, but finally decided to try and fix it now.I have tried everything I read online, using different 'fix it tools' but to no avail nothing has worked. It...
  3. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello,I cannot unistall or repair or install Adobe Reader DC. Obviously I corrupted it for some reason, quite awhile ago, but finally decided to try and fix it now.I have tried everything I read online, using different 'fix it tools' but to no avail nothing has worked. It...
  4. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader: I think the current update waiting on my system will deleteAdobe Acrobat Reader from my PC – subsequent to this how do I read my PDF’s ordownload future PDF’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/8e15ab35-23cd-4951-bdde-8351aa1b6ce5
  6. account adobe acrobat reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    account adobe acrobat reader: non riesco ad immettere ne' il mio nome utente-email- ne' password per aprire adobe acrobat reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-adobe-acrobat-reader/1a104f9d-4d77-41aa-b05d-505b9112ea75
  7. Adobe Acrobat reader

Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  8. Default Printer changing itself to Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer changing itself to Adobe Acrobat Reader: Hey, I am having the issue about default printer settings are changed by itself after one day. I have changed to my printer yesterday and today it automatically changed to Adobe Reader Is there any way to fix this?...
  9. Adobe Acrobat Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Acrobat Reader not working: Acrobat reader stopped working on my desktop. Tried using their cleaner and reinstalled but half opens and sits waiting for something? Now downloaded Sumatra PDF Reader and that working fine so obviously a problem between Windows and Acrobat but all working fine on my...
  10. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...