Windows 10: I cannot set mail up to sync "as they arrive"

Discus and support I cannot set mail up to sync "as they arrive" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I downloaded and set up the mail app for 2 accounts, Gmail and AT&T yahoo. My gmail account gives me the option to have my mail synced "as they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiSSBiRD2, Aug 1, 2020.

1. MiSSBiRD2 Win User

I cannot set mail up to sync "as they arrive"

Today I downloaded and set up the mail app for 2 accounts, Gmail and AT&T yahoo. My gmail account gives me the option to have my mail synced "as they arrive" however my AT&T account does not. I have done the following:

After doing all of these steps this option is not available. Upon my extensive search I found that others had the same issue as far back as 2015 none of which were stated to be resolved.

Has there been a solution to this issues. If not is there another application other than Outlook I can use that will send notifications to my Windows 10 computer in real time when my emails arrive?

:)

MiSSBiRD2, Aug 1, 2020
  2. AbhiKr Win User

Mail app not syncing emails as they arrive for gmail

Mail app not syncing emails as they arrive even though mailbox sync settings is set to "sync as items arrive" for google mail. It works for outlook mails.

AbhiKr, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Not sure if you mean linked inboxes in Windows Mail app or a separate app, I use linked inboxes in the Microsoft mail app now and all my mail goes there. Normally the 2 hotmail accounts sync automatically as new mail arrives. When things go wrong, one or both of the hotmail accounts stops syncing as new mail arrives and I have to click the sync this view button to sync manually. If there is new mail it arrives in my linked inbox. Not a huge deal, manual syncing is just a nuisance and I just like things to work as they are supposed to.

imaddicted2u, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Nerkyator Win User

Auto sync Windows 10 Mail app

I have a problem with Mail app on a Windows 10 system (updated from Windows 8).
    The sync settings just don't work on any email accounts and (of course) in the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.
    I've checked other solutions like

• Enable\Disable sync options in Settings under "Calendar" section
    • Run troubleshooting app from Microsoft
    • Rebooting system
    • Set app sync on "as items arrive" or "every 15 minutes"
    • Update mail app
    • Disable firewall

None of these "fixes" worked. Everything else is working fine. If I press sync button it works (it downloads mail and calendar events) but the app doesn't do this automatically.
    (IMAP account)

Someone has\had same problem? And have you managed to rectify this problem?

Nerkyator, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot set mail up to sync "as they arrive" - Similar Threads - cannot set mail

2. Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to sync as it arrives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to sync as it arrives.: On Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to download mail when it arrives on my iCloud account, the minimum it lets me do is 15 minutes. But on my Gmail account, it gives me the option. I had reinstalled the app, removed my Gmail account, but no luck. The farthest iv...
  3. Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!: Hey there, I cannot sync my email anymore in the Windows 10 Mail app. I am using mailbox.org set up in the mail app as an Exchange account. Worked perfectly fine until about 4 days ago. I can still sync my Gmail account, and separate folder in the mailbox.org account, I...
  4. Windows 10 Mail will not sync - change mail box sync settings' not active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail will not sync - change mail box sync settings' not active: I have four email addresses and three of them work OK. However the fourth will not allow sync as the option 'change mailbox sync settings' is not active...
  5. Set up a Sync Partnership

Set up a Sync Partnership: In my Windows 10 Control Panel - All Control Panel items - Sync Center - Sync Set up - As you probably know it reads: Before you can sync with anything, you need to set up a Sync Partnership. However, when I tap on Set up new sync partnerships. It reads: There are no new sync...
  6. Mail set up

Mail set up: I need help with Mail set up on windows 10. The system keep asking me to fix my account by entering password. After I have inserted the password, it does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-set-up/6f2b3214-a4ed-435a-8aa6-3f700a1c6236
  7. cannot sync Mail App

cannot sync Mail App: I cannot sync my Windows Mail App running on Windows 10 PC, version 1803 because I receive messages that the settings are out-of-date. I have email addresses on various boxes, including hotmail and gmail and really need to sync them...
  8. Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook

Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook: Hi, I would like to ask for help as to why I cannot set up any of my email accounts on my Windows 10 mail or on Outlook. Please see photo below on the error for Windows mail. Is this because of a network error? But my internet is working just fine. Or because I am using...
  9. Mail cannot Sync

Mail cannot Sync: Error Code : 0x80077057 My Mail can't Sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mail-cannot-sync/fee2e3eb-d59b-4b75-8836-148e64baa387
  10. Setting up mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up mail.: Having just downloaded Win 10, (I think its great) I find I cannot activate my email. I got my Gmail account working OK. I've tried all the set up procedures without success. I must have missed something. Can anyone advise? 49454