Windows 10: I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices

Discus and support I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i recently got a Marantz MPM-1000 and it is using XLR as a cable. I have an external audio interface connected and 48v phantom power, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emmanuel lukas, Jan 10, 2019.

1. I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices

Hello, i recently got a Marantz MPM-1000 and it is using XLR as a cable. I have an external audio interface connected and 48v phantom power, the microphone is working fine, but when i play back it only outputs to left channel. After a bit of searching on google i have found that i need to set the device to 1 channel in Audio Devices in windows, but when i go there it only shows 2 channel settings. I have tried to uninstall the audio device drivers, and reinstall. The setting still isn't there.

:)

Emmanuel lukas, Jan 10, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Razer Launches Seiren Pro Microphone for Streamers with XLR Recording

Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the Razer Seirēn Pro, a digital microphone designed for streamers and YouTubers.
    The Razer Seirēn Pro includes a high-pass filter to remove low-end ambient noises, such as hums, rumbles, traffic and wind, which streamers may face when creating content. This makes the Razer Seirēn Pro digital microphone ideal for the needs of live video broadcasters, YouTubers and even aspiring musicians that value clarity.

Additionally, the Razer Seirēn Pro gives streamers the option of recording via an analog XLR or digital USB connection. The XLR cable allows the Razer Seirēn Pro to be plugged directly into mixing boards and cameras. Users can chain together multiple microphones and instruments to the board with the XLR option, with increased flexibility for adjustments on the fly during live sessions.

I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices 95a_thm.jpg

"With the success of YouTube, Twitch and the likes, there is a greater demand for high-fidelity recording equipment than ever before," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "Our second condenser microphone, the Razer Seirēn Pro, delivers what video game streamers are looking for and provides great value to YouTubers, musicians and anyone looking to capture sound clearly."

Accessories such as a shock mount and pop filter are also available to pair with the Razer Seirēn Pro digital microphone for a complete recording setup. These accessories along with the Razer Seirēn Pro professional bundle can be found exclusively on RazerStore.

The Razer Seirēn Pro is the latest addition to Razer's collection of products designed for content streamers. The original Razer Seirēn, released late last year, also features a versatile multi-pattern USB digital connection capable of four different recording configurations with three custom-tuned, 14 mm condenser capsules.

Prices:
    • Razer Seirēn Pro digital microphone U.S. $249.99 / EU EUR299.99
    • Shock mount accessory for the Razer Seirēn Pro U.S. $49.99 / EU EUR49.99 (RazerStore exclusive)
    • Pop filter accessory for the Razer Seirēn Pro U.S. $49.99 / EU EUR49.99 (RazerStore exclusive)
    • Razer Seirēn Pro bundle (including accessories) U.S. $299.99 / EU EUR349.99 (RazerStore exclusive)
    Product features:
    • HD recording with outstanding clarity
    • 4 adjustable recording patterns (Cardioid, Stereo, Omni, Bi-directional)
    • Quick controls for pattern switching, headphone volume and mic gain
    • Built in headphone amplifier with zero latency output
    • Recording via XLR or USB connection
    • High-pass filter -- filters frequencies below 100 Hz
    Microphone specifications
    • Power required / consumption: 5V 300 mA (USB) / 48V DC (analog)
    • Sample rate: 192 kHz
    • Bit rate: 24 bit
    • Capsules: Three 14 mm condenser capsules
    • Polar patterns: Stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional
    • Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
    • Sensitivity: 12.5 mV/Pa (1 kHz)
    • Max SPL: 120 dB (THD: 0.5% 1 kHz)
    Headphone amplifier
    • Impedance: > 16 ohms
    • Power output (RMS): 130 mW (@16 ohms)
    • THD: 0.009%
    • Frequency response: 15 Hz - 22 kHz
    • Signal-to-noise ratio: 114 dB

btarunr, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices

1. I cannot set my XLR Microphone as 1 channel in Audio Devices - Similar Threads - cannot set XLR

2. Microphone properties - missing 1 channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone properties - missing 1 channel: Hi I am currently having trouble recording with audio and the main solution is to change the microphone to record in 1 channel.When I go to microphone properties, advanced I only have 2 options which are both 2 channel 16 bit.Does anyone know how I can get the 1 channel...
  3. Microphone properties - missing 1 channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone properties - missing 1 channel: Hi I am currently having trouble recording with audio and the main solution is to change the microphone to record in 1 channel.When I go to microphone properties, advanced I only have 2 options which are both 2 channel 16 bit.Does anyone know how I can get the 1 channel...
  4. Microphone properties - missing 1 channel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My PC doesn't recognize my AT2020 XLR Microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC doesn't recognize my AT2020 XLR Microphone.: I got a new AT2020, as it has a XLR input I bought a XLR to 3.5mm cable. I connected it to my laptop and Windows simply doesn't recognize it, I tried everything and still nothing. How can I fix this?...
  6. My PC doesn't recognize my AT2020 XLR Microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesn't recognize my AT2020 XLR Microphone.: I got a new AT2020, as it has a XLR input I bought a XLR to 3.5mm cable. I connected it to my laptop and Windows simply doesn't recognize it, I tried everything and still nothing. How can I fix this?...
  7. My PC doesn't recognize my AT2020 XLR Microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My microphone doesn't have 1 channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone doesn't have 1 channel: I just got my new microphone; Blue Ember. It works fine on discord but in-game. I tried recording on OBS and can be heard one sided only so I had to switch it to mono in order to hear from both side. I want to change to 1 channel in microphone advance settings but there is...
  9. Audio Orchestrator microphone audio masking set to 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Orchestrator microphone audio masking set to 1: I've noticed how I have lots of warnings in my Event Viewer Application log saying what is seen in the topic. No clue what it means. I've tried doing some searching but haven't found anything really useful. Anyone in here had these and knows how to get rid of them? Probably...
  10. Audio Orchestrator microphone audio masking set to 1

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Orchestrator microphone audio masking set to 1: I've noticed how I have lots of warnings in my Event Viewer Application log saying what is seen in the topic. No clue what it means. I've tried doing some searching but haven't found anything really useful. Anyone in here had these and knows how to get rid of them? Probably...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get only one channel on microphone in windows

2. i cannot set my microphone to a 1 channel mic