Windows 10: I cannot sign in to my MS account even though I have checked to password and used 2 factor...

Discus and support I cannot sign in to my MS account even though I have checked to password and used 2 factor... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just go round in circles - changing my password and then when I use the new PW finding it immediately declare incorrect. MS helpline is no help at... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Meghugs, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Meghugs Win User

I cannot sign in to my MS account even though I have checked to password and used 2 factor...

I just go round in circles - changing my password and then when I use the new PW finding it immediately declare incorrect. MS helpline is no help at all so any help from fellow sufferers would be greatly appreciated

:)

Meghugs, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Sam P. Win User
    Login Error on WP7 after changing Microsoft account to use 2 factor authetication

Hi John McArthur,

Thank you for your contribution to the forum. The issue with signing in after enabling two-factor authentication is fairly common, and the below text is an excerpt from our article about how to resolve it, located here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2432933?wa=wsignin1.0

"If you turned on two-step verification for your Microsoft account, you will have to perform an extra step to sign in on Windows Phone. Windows Phone can't prompt you to enter a security code when you try to sign in. Therefore, you'll have to create a unique
    app password to use when signing into Windows Phone with a Microsoft account that has two-step verification turned on.

To create a unique app password for your Microsoft account, go here:

For more information, see the following Microsoft account help and how-to article:

After you create an app password for your Microsoft account, enter it as your password on Windows Phone. To do this, go to Settings
    > Email+Accounts. Tap Microsoft account, enter your app password, then tap Done."

This should resolve the issue you were running into quite nicely. Please let us know if you require any further assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Sam P., Nov 21, 2020
  4. Andy_H20 Win User

I cannot sign in to my MS account even though I have checked to password and used 2 factor...

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Does anyone have any further suggestions on this? Thanks

Andy_H20, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot sign in to my MS account even though I have checked to password and used 2 factor... - Similar Threads - cannot sign account

2. Cannot use Microsoft Applications even though I have internet access.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot use Microsoft Applications even though I have internet access.: The issues are with Microsoft Team, Mail application, and Microsoft Store. Windows 10Here are the errors I found on MS Mail. - This one is when I tried to add another Outlook account.- This one is when I tried to log in to my Outlook account that is in Gmail.For Microsoft...
  3. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  4. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  5. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Account sign-in screen says that I have entered the wrong password even though I have just...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account sign-in screen says that I have entered the wrong password even though I have just...: This issue happened to me today, and I have just opened my laptop lid I haven't even entered my password yet. But the sign-in screen says that I have entered my password multiple times already without me physically entering a single letter on my keyboard. How can you fix...
  7. Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on...

Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on...: Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on other devices Have reset password and can log onto my laptop. The same account is used on my son's PC and we keep getting an "incorrect password" error. We log into safe mode,...
  8. I cannot log in to internet using watchdog, even though I sign in successfully

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot log in to internet using watchdog, even though I sign in successfully: I am using my LAN generally for office work via WiFi and connect to internet with a watchdog. I can no longer use internet after I installed the latest Windows 10 version 2004. Kindly help me resolve this issue at your earliest. Thank you....
  9. Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.: when signing in it says that my password is incorrect. Changing password doesn't help, I put my password into that and it says something along the lines of I need to use a different pass word than what I had before even though that's the password I've been using and hasn't...
  10. It seems as though I have 2 Microsoft accounts.

It seems as though I have 2 Microsoft accounts.: When signing in today I apparently created a new account, "ChuckV1", which was established less than an hour ago. How do I get back my original account, "Chuck V" with all my past history? cv...