Windows 10: I cannot sign into my laptop.

Discus and support I cannot sign into my laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated the drivers on my hp laptop. I am using Windows 10 OS. When I restarted the laptop I now just get the homescreen picture showing time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyClayton2, Apr 16, 2020.

1. I cannot sign into my laptop.

I updated the drivers on my hp laptop. I am using Windows 10 OS. When I restarted the laptop I now just get the homescreen picture showing time and date on the left and the WiFi and battery condition icons on the bottom right. There is nothing else. There is no cursor and the keyboard does not work. I am unable to do anything other than turn it on and off using the power button. Any ideas please?

:)

AnthonyClayton2, Apr 16, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 16, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

I cannot sign into my laptop.

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

I cannot sign into my laptop.

1. I cannot sign into my laptop. - Similar Threads - cannot sign laptop

2. I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.: The last thing i did on my windows 11 laptop was link my microsoft account on it before shutting down. Now i can't use my computer because it's not doing anything everytime i click sign in on the home screen. When i click the sign in button i see 'welcome' for a brief moment...
  3. I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.: The last thing i did on my windows 11 laptop was link my microsoft account on it before shutting down. Now i can't use my computer because it's not doing anything everytime i click sign in on the home screen. When i click the sign in button i see 'welcome' for a brief moment...
  4. Cannot Sign Into Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Sign Into Laptop: HelloMy LG gram is not letting me sign in. I recently switched which microsoft account i was using from a school one to a personal.Since then, my laptop went to sleep and will not let me log in again.I go to sign in and it just takes me to the default window displaying the...
  5. Cannot Sign Into Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Sign Into Laptop: HelloMy LG gram is not letting me sign in. I recently switched which microsoft account i was using from a school one to a personal.Since then, my laptop went to sleep and will not let me log in again.I go to sign in and it just takes me to the default window displaying the...
  6. Cannot Sign Into Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot Sign into Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Sign into Laptop: I can't sign into my Laptop. It requests that i change the pin, yet it will not let me, and it presents me with "Your credentials could not be verified." After I press "Okay," on that screen it says "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x000015b...
  8. Cannot Sign into Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Sign into Laptop: I can't sign into my Laptop. It requests that i change the pin, yet it will not let me, and it presents me with "Your credentials could not be verified." After I press "Okay," on that screen it says "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x000015b...
  9. I cannot sign into my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot sign into my laptop.: I cannot sign in my notebook book using the password bc it stopped working. The only option I have to sign in is the fingerprint, which usualy works just fine. However, I had a wet finger and the figerprint option is "blocked" now for too many tries. .The login screen wants...
  10. Cannot sign into laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot sign into laptop: Screen comes up but will not let me sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/cannot-sign-into-laptop/b173de4f-44fe-407b-9dda-13b9a15e8344