Windows 10: I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login

Discus and support I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Asks 'Create a pin' but then this states 'Something went wrong'. When you select 'skip' it takes you back to login and just stuck in a loop. I can log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cameron Milburn, May 18, 2023.

1. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login

Asks 'Create a pin' but then this states 'Something went wrong'. When you select 'skip' it takes you back to login and just stuck in a loop. I can log into microsoft account via another laptop so it isn't locked but cannot avoid the 'Create a pin' step or revert to local login as I can't get past login screen. Running Windows 10.I am basically locked out of my PC with A level revision to do

:)

Cameron Milburn, May 18, 2023

2. Locked out of PC unable to login

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to login to the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. What is the exact error message when you try to login to the PC?
    2. Do you have internet connectivity on the PC? If yes, is it wired or wireless?
    3. Do you see any option to sign in using the PIN?

If you are using Microsoft account and you have reset the password, but still unable to login then I would suggest you to try connecting the PC using an Ethernet cable and then try to login.

In case you are using a local account, then you may want to refer the article

Reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: Do not perform reset on the PC if you don’t have backup of the data.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 18, 2023
  3. Unable to login to the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it feels when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. What is the error message you receive when you try to login to the PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Are you using a local account or a Microsoft account to login to the PC?

If you are using a Microsoft account then I would suggest you to try resetting the password of the PC and see if you are able to login. Refer the article

How to reset your Microsoft account password

If you are using a local account on the PC, then you can refer the article

Reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: The article talks about resetting the PC. It is not advised to reset the PC if you don’t have the backup of the data.

You can also try booting the PC into safe mode and see if you are able to login. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 18, 2023
  4. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login

Unable to login to PC

Hi, I'm unable to login to my PC. Original primary email alias changed to new email. Now on sign-in the Microsoft account doesnt exist as the original email has been changed (as expected).

I then try to enter a different account, proceed through sign in steps to the point of creating a pin. When creating a pin, I get "something went wrong". I have the option to skip or retry. Retry is an endless loop and skip returns to the lock screen. I'm unable to reset anything as it need administrator login, though that email is no longer linked to the Microsoft account. Please help!

Matthew_857, May 18, 2023
Thema:

I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login

1. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login - Similar Threads - cannot sign via

2. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login: Asks 'Create a pin' but then this states 'Something went wrong'. When you select 'skip' it takes you back to login and just stuck in a loop. I can log into microsoft account via another laptop so it isn't locked but cannot avoid the 'Create a pin' step or revert to local...
  3. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login: Asks 'Create a pin' but then this states 'Something went wrong'. When you select 'skip' it takes you back to login and just stuck in a loop. I can log into microsoft account via another laptop so it isn't locked but cannot avoid the 'Create a pin' step or revert to local...
  4. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login: Asks 'Create a pin' but then this states 'Something went wrong'. When you select 'skip' it takes you back to login and just stuck in a loop. I can log into microsoft account via another laptop so it isn't locked but cannot avoid the 'Create a pin' step or revert to local...
  6. I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cannot sign into my PC via Microsoft login and unable to revert to local login: Asks 'Create a pin' but then this states 'Something went wrong'. When you select 'skip' it takes you back to login and just stuck in a loop. I can log into microsoft account via another laptop so it isn't locked but cannot avoid the 'Create a pin' step or revert to local...
  7. Unable to login via PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login via PIN: Hello community! I am suddenly unable to login using my PIN. I have tried to reset it but it keeps on failing. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-via-pin/b0ceaf03-c07a-4f20-b44b-a17ae26ae6e3
  8. Unable to login via PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login via PIN: Hello community! I am suddenly unable to login using my PIN. I have tried to reset it but it keeps on failing. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-via-pin/b0ceaf03-c07a-4f20-b44b-a17ae26ae6e3
  9. Microsoft login vs. local login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft login vs. local login: My Windows 10 Pro is accessed by me (administrator) using my Microsoft password. If I want to connect from another computer, I am asked for my password which I assume is a local one, which I do not have. Is there a way that I can keep using my Microsoft login yet have a local...
  10. Microsoft login to local user sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft login to local user sign in: I'm about to switch from Microsoft administrator account to a local account. What about my files, pictures. Will they be automatically saved or do I need to save all of them again before changing to a local account? Thank you...