Windows 10: I cannot start my computer.

Discus and support I cannot start my computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot start the computer smoothly. I have to shut down the computer many times using the power button to get it to start. Last time there was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jagath Kularatne, Nov 22, 2020.

1. I cannot start my computer.

I cannot start the computer smoothly. I have to shut down the computer many times using the power button to get it to start.

Last time there was an error code Driver Power State Failure

:)

Jagath Kularatne, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Nov 22, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

I cannot start my computer.

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

I cannot start my computer.

1. I cannot start my computer. - Similar Threads - cannot start computer

2. Computer cannot start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot start: For some context, I was updating my windows 11 and I think my battery ran out and my computer turned off. I have an asus tuf A15. I didnt think this was a big problem so I just turned my computer on. Afterwards, the screen went into "undoing changes made to your computer". It...
  3. Computer cannot start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot start: For some context, I was updating my windows 11 and I think my battery ran out and my computer turned off. I have an asus tuf A15. I didnt think this was a big problem so I just turned my computer on. Afterwards, the screen went into "undoing changes made to your computer". It...
  4. I cannot logon to my computer.

I cannot logon to my computer.: I am using windows 11 on a lenovoI was trying to log in safe mode to find out why my wife's computer is not reading portable storage unit.I try to log in it says: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN When I click it,...
  5. My computer cannot start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer cannot start: So recently my computer custom built keeps on closing after 5 seconds when I press the power button. It tries and tries over again. Its screen glitches a lot and also flickers. The BSOD Blue Screen Of Death error also occurs sometimes and when it does it is also glitched....
  6. My computer cannot start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer cannot start: So recently my computer custom built keeps on closing after 5 seconds when I press the power button. It tries and tries over again. Its screen glitches a lot and also flickers. The BSOD Blue Screen Of Death error also occurs sometimes and when it does it is also glitched....
  7. My computer cannot start

8. I cannot sign into my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot sign into my computer: I tried to change my PIN as I wanted to change it and when I went to settings it told me my computer is not compatible with Windows Hello PIN even though it is what I use to sign in every time. I locked my computer and tried to change it and it kept telling me I cannot change...
  9. Computer cannot start properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer cannot start properly: Hello! I am having an issue with my computer and cannot fix it. On cold startup in the morning, the computer will log in like normal, but once logged in it doesn’t fully load windows. This can be like the task bar loading or apps not opening. I then restart the PC and log in...
  10. I cannot fix my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot fix my computer: My pc did not start correctly and I cannot reset my pc because there was a problem resetting my pc and i cannot see my account in command prompt to fix my computer. Even if i restart it will go back to did not start correctly. How can I solve this problem?...