Windows 10: i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected...

Discus and support i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; have tried everything mentioned in various threads to try and start this but to no avail can anyone help without the techno babble/geek speak please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeoffClark2, Feb 9, 2019.

1. i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected...

have tried everything mentioned in various threads to try and start this but to no avail can anyone help without the techno babble/geek speak please just in plain English step by step on how to get windows defender working again

Thanks

:)

GeoffClark2, Feb 9, 2019
  2. sherinsam Win User

windows defender virus and threat protection

i am not able to turn on the virus and threat protection function of windows defender in my windows 10 laptop....

while i was trying to download one key generator , an additional a software named KOMETA browser also installed without my knowledge.......

and it changed the startup menu , start icon , and a small gadget deck in my desktop. and i tried a lot to uninstall the kometa browser , atlast i found the solution in malware tips.com . by looking down the procedures, i downloaded Adwcleaner to remove
    adwares , at that time windows defender virus and threat protection went off.... i also downloaded Malwarebytes to remove the browser ads... and i uninstalled both software . and when tried to scan my laptop with windows defender , it asked me to restart
    virus and threat protection , but when i tried to restart it , showed a dialogue box reading "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again". and now i am not able to scan with windows defender....

sherinsam, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Tahseem Win User
    Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped and need restart but when i restart that is showing an unexpected error. what i do?

how to start defender's

real protection
    i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected... f7464618-2b69-4b25-b5e5-cbbe887fc4c5?upload=true.png

Tahseem, Feb 9, 2019
  4. JCH54 Win User

i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected...

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected...

1. i cannot start windows defender virus and threat protection i keep getting an unexpected... - Similar Threads - cannot start defender

2. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  3. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  4. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection.

I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection.: I am trying to disable real-time protection to download an application that is being falsely marked as a virus only because it changes values in other applications. Whenever I try to open Virus & Threat Protection through the search bar, it gives me a popup box telling me...
  6. Cannot get virus and threat protection restarted

Cannot get virus and threat protection restarted: help im new to all this so not sure on etiquette etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-get-virus-and-threat-protection-restarted/00a9051f-13e2-47b0-a7d4-c0cc63a4d2fc
  7. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  8. Cannot get virus and threat protection restarted

Cannot get virus and threat protection restarted: Recently turned on computer, and windows defender said virus and threat protection had stopped. I clicked restart now, however every time I do, it says an unexpected error has occurred, and it does not work....
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  10. Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected error."

Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected error.": Earlier today I started experiencing issues with Windows Defender. The shield icon in my tray shows a red X, and when I open my Security Center it says "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." Attempting to do this gives the following error: "Unexpected error. Sorry,...