Windows 10: I cannot stop my laptop from trying to find photos on my phone

Discus and support I cannot stop my laptop from trying to find photos on my phone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is getting really irritating when every them I try to tether my phone a box pops up and my laptop starts looking for photos. I want this to stop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DouglasMartinez1, Feb 1, 2020.

1. I cannot stop my laptop from trying to find photos on my phone

It is getting really irritating when every them I try to tether my phone a box pops up and my laptop starts looking for photos. I want this to stop and everything I do doesn't help. I have an Android Galaxy J3 Star and an HP something it is old that has Win10.

:)

DouglasMartinez1, Feb 1, 2020

2. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

I could transfer photos from my mobile to my laptop running windows 8.1 by selecting "share" then Bluetooth on my phone. I updated my laptop on 29th July to Windows 10 and have been testing the upgrade to ensure I can accomplish all I wish.
    When attempting the same process the following message appears on my phone "The device you're trying to send to doesn't support sharing over Bluetooth"
    No settings were changed on my phone and only the upgrade was performed on my laptop. I can still transfer both photos and videos from my laptop to my mobile by selecting "send" and "Bluetooth Device". There are various workarounds but they all take more time. Thank you in anticipation of assistance

SlainteMhath, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

I cannot stop my laptop from trying to find photos on my phone

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

I cannot stop my laptop from trying to find photos on my phone

1. I cannot stop my laptop from trying to find photos on my phone - Similar Threads - cannot stop laptop

2. While I was transferring my photos to my laptop via my phone, the upload suddenly stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While I was transferring my photos to my laptop via my phone, the upload suddenly stopped...: Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-i-was-transferring-my-photos-to-my-laptop/47ab812a-9fb5-43e3-9a43-4dbcdbcfa94b
  3. While I was transferring my photos to my laptop via my phone, the upload suddenly stopped...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    While I was transferring my photos to my laptop via my phone, the upload suddenly stopped...: Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-i-was-transferring-my-photos-to-my-laptop/47ab812a-9fb5-43e3-9a43-4dbcdbcfa94b
  4. I cannot project from my phone to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot project from my phone to my laptop.: Whenever I'm opening the "Projecting to this PC" setting its showing Add the "Wireless Display" optional feature to project to this PC. But I've already installed it and when I close the settings and open settings again it shows the same thing....
  5. I cannot project from my phone to my laptop.

I cannot project from my phone to my laptop.: Whenever I'm opening the "Projecting to this PC" setting its showing Add the "Wireless Display" optional feature to project to this PC. But I've already installed it and when I close the settings and open settings again it shows the same thing....
  6. Where do I find my new photos? I uploaded photos from my Android phone to laptop, now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find my new photos? I uploaded photos from my Android phone to laptop, now I...: Cannot find my uploaded photos. I uploaded from my Android phone to a new HP laptop with windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-new-photos-i-uploaded-photos/a8f98a4c-ff15-4878-b33e-08a9ffb5cfc6
  7. Where do I find my new photos? I uploaded photos from my Android phone to laptop, now I...

Where do I find my new photos? I uploaded photos from my Android phone to laptop, now I...: Cannot find my uploaded photos. I uploaded from my Android phone to a new HP laptop with windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-new-photos-i-uploaded-photos/a8f98a4c-ff15-4878-b33e-08a9ffb5cfc6
  8. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  9. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  10. photos from my phone

in Windows 10 Support
    photos from my phone: is there a way to get my phone photos to show last one taken the first one to show? when i just go to the folders and click my phone it opens with the last photo at the top, but when i am sending an email and i go to upload a photo the photos show up in reverse order, so i...