Windows 10: I cannot switch from headphones to speakers on Windows 10

Discus and support I cannot switch from headphones to speakers on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc only recognizes 1 audio device and if I plug in the headphones when the speakers are already plugged in the sound switches to headphones but if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_Only, Oct 19, 2018.

1. I cannot switch from headphones to speakers on Windows 10

My pc only recognizes 1 audio device and if I plug in the headphones when the speakers are already plugged in the sound switches to headphones but if I want to switch back to speakers the only option is to unplug the headphones. Can anybody help me please?

:)

David_Only, Oct 19, 2018
  2. jimbabwe Win User

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10?

jimbabwe, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Martmcd Win User

I cannot switch from headphones to speakers on Windows 10

Sound switch from laptop speakers to headphones.

click on the speaker icon (bottom right by the clock)

then click on the up arrow, to display the list of playback devices.

if you headphones are in the list click on them to switch sound output.

Martmcd, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

I cannot switch from headphones to speakers on Windows 10

1. I cannot switch from headphones to speakers on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot switch headphones

2. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  3. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  4. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  5. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  6. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  7. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?: Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from...
  8. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine...
  9. Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!

Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!: Since the upgrade I have found an annoying problem ( probably driver related ). When I plug anything in the cases front Audio Jack, it does not switch automatically. I have to keep manually changing where audio comes out through using "play back devices" settings. Was...
  10. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to switch from headphones to speaker