Windows 10: I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

Discus and support I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lav drag, Feb 26, 2024.

1. lav drag Win User

I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install non-microsoft verified apps I needed to switch out of S mode. So i followed the steps to do that settings, system, activation, S mode, go to store, get maybe a million times and it just won’t work. I was on the phone with a support person for nearly 3 hours running around in circles trying to fix it to no avail. Please help me, everytime I try it just says “Something happened and we couldn’t upgrade”.

:)

lav drag, Feb 26, 2024

2. Windows 11 can't switch out of s mode

I bought my new Windows 11 HP laptop and I signed in with my regular Microsoft account. Currently, I am unable to get my computer out of S Mode, no matter the steps that I follow. The "Get" button in the Microsoft store is not available and there is no option to switch under activation in the settings. Can someone help me with this?

MartinaYanish, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Switching out of S Mode on Windows 11

I had the same issue!! It was so frustrating!! Everything that was suggested failed! Finally I reset my laptop and clicked on download Windows from the cloud and it worked!! I was able to switch out of S mode in a matter of seconds!! I’m so relieved! S mode is the worst thing they’ve come up with! Hope that helps someone!

RolandRance1, Feb 26, 2024
  4. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

1. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help - Similar Threads - cannot switch Mode

2. Switch out of s mode is not working no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch out of s mode is not working no matter what I do.: I just bought a laptop for my college classes online and need to install some software not on the Microsoft store, and no matter what method I've used I get nothing but stuck with the same issue, I've tried stopping the service, updates, restarting, resting and repairing the...
  3. Switch out of s mode is not working no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch out of s mode is not working no matter what I do.: I just bought a laptop for my college classes online and need to install some software not on the Microsoft store, and no matter what method I've used I get nothing but stuck with the same issue, I've tried stopping the service, updates, restarting, resting and repairing the...
  4. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help: I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install non-microsoft verified apps I needed to switch out of S mode. So i followed the steps to do that settings, system, activation, S...
  5. I cannot switch out of S mode - HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot switch out of S mode - HELP: I have tried to do above - i have tried all options and asked the community - everytime i do so i get the following screen - i have been trying to do this for 3 months !!! Please Help - i am at my wits end!!...
  6. I cannot switch out of S mode - HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot switch out of S mode - HELP: I have tried to do above - i have tried all options and asked the community - everytime i do so i get the following screen - i have been trying to do this for 3 months !!! Please Help - i am at my wits end!!...
  7. I can't switch out of S Mode help Please!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't switch out of S Mode help Please!: I can't switch out of s mode. When I click go to the store it brings me to the switch out of S Mode page but it doesn't say get. Can someone help me with this please? When I do the steps to get out of S Mode it doesn't work for me help Please? It will help me a lot so I...
  8. Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Switch out of S Mode no Matter what I do: Hello all, Recently I got a new computer and for the last two days all I've been trying to do is switch out of s mode. I just want my computer to be able to do what I want and download what I want but I am absolutely stuck in s mode. I'm really starting to think I have a...
  9. I cannot switch out of S mode.

I cannot switch out of S mode.: I am unable to switch out of S mode and have followed the directions but will not give me the option to turn it off.screenshot below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-out-of-s-mode/04dba2a1-b39a-44e4-9411-bc77facc95c9
  10. No matter what I do, I can not get out of S mode!

No matter what I do, I can not get out of S mode!: I have been trying to get out of s mode for a while now. I have tried almost everything and still have not been able to. The app store doesn't let me and the "get" is always faded gray and I can't click on it. I have tried updating and restarting the app store. I have tried...