Windows 10: i cannot sync my ipod keeps to itunes keeps coming up with an error code 54

Discus and support i cannot sync my ipod keeps to itunes keeps coming up with an error code 54 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i cannot sync my ipod keeps to itunes keeps coming up with an error code 54... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichelleCook4, Dec 12, 2020.

1. i cannot sync my ipod keeps to itunes keeps coming up with an error code 54

i cannot sync my ipod keeps to itunes keeps coming up with an error code 54

:)

MichelleCook4, Dec 12, 2020

2. iTunes keeps returning error 54 in Windows 10 - HELP!!!!

Hi

These are the instructions I've been following. Each time I uncheck the "read only " box Windows reapplies the setting. I am logged in as Administrator and have checked that I have full rights. The laptop is authorised in iTunes. I have compared the settings
    with my sons iPod on another computer and they are the same (box checked as read only) only his iPod synchronises perfectly.

I have exported the library and described and then re-imported the file. Should this be done before or after Method 1? I have tried each option but it seems to make no difference.

Thanks

Stuart

Crackedactor, Dec 12, 2020
  3. iTunes keeps returning error 54 in Windows 10 - HELP!!!!

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues regarding sync with iTunes and keeps returning error 54. It's possible that iTunes folder is set with Read Only permission, which means Windows will allow it to sync with the device you have plugged in. Typically, the iTunes
    error -54 is relating to authorization issues or administration issues.

If you are facing with this error right now, follow the solutions here to go:

• Make sure that you have authorized your computer from the iTunes. If not, you can authorize the computer by going to Store Tab and click on the Authorize this computer. it will ask for your iTunes account password. Enter it and
      it will do it.
    • Also always run the iTunes in administrative mode. Just right click on the icon and select Run as administrator.
    • The other issue you mentioned about the synchronizing. Here is what you have to do.
    • From iTunes go to files and then export. When the next window comes, save the library.xml file anywhere on the computer, preferably on desktop.
    • After closing iTunes go to iTunes folder on the C drive and delete two library files that are there.
    • Restart the iTunes are doing that. This time your library will be empty.
    • Go to file menu again and this time import the file that you saved on the desktop.
    • This will restore the library and you can try another download again to see whether the iTunes error -54 has gone or not.

Method 1:

• Open Windows Explorer (Windows + E)
    • Right click on your iTunes folder
    • Go to Properties
    • Uncheck the Read Only option under Attributes.
    • Now, check if the issue persist.

Method 2: If the problem still persist, then make sure that you have full control over the iTunes folder. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right click on the iTunes folder.
    • Select Properties and click on security.
    • Click edit, check allow full control and Apply

Also refer the link on If you see error -54 when you sync with iTunes and check if it helps.

If you see error -54 when you sync with your computer

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2020
  4. KC_787 Win User

Windows 10 and Itunes sync error 54

I keep getting the error message that my Iphone can not sync because of error 54. I've done a lot of web searching and tried all of the following solutions: reinstalling itunes, deauthorizing the computer and reauthorizing it, right clicking on the Itunes
    folder. The issue keeps happening. Another thing I have noticed is that my right clicking solution keeps being undone when I reboot my computer.

Has anyone had this issue and tried something other than what I listed above to fix it?

I have Windows 10 and IOS 9.2.

Thanks!

KC_787, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. i cannot sync my ipod keeps to itunes keeps coming up with an error code 54 - Similar Threads - cannot sync ipod

2. Fix iTunes error code 54 on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix iTunes error code 54 on Windows PC: [IMG]Are you experiencing error code 54 on iTunes on your PC? This error is reported to occur when syncing or transferring content between iPhone or other iOS devices and Windows with iTunes. It shows an error message like the below one when triggered: The iPhone...
  3. Transferring to iPod no iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring to iPod no iTunes: Hello can anyone recommend any software to transfer music to an iPos without using iTunes
  4. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  5. syncing itunes ipod.

syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  6. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. iPod Not Showing in iTunes

iPod Not Showing in iTunes: Long story short, my iPod Nano 5th gen has abruptly stopped working in iTunes. I got an error message, then the message saying iTunes can't identify the iPod, and now nothing at all. In addition to that, my entire iPod has been wiped but 5.7GB is still being used as "other"...
  8. Can't sync my iTunes music/podcasts from my PC to my iPod.

Can't sync my iTunes music/podcasts from my PC to my iPod.: I cannot sync my iTunes music/podcasts from my PC to my ipod. * Original title: I tunes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sync-my-itunes-musicpodcasts-from-my-pc-to-my/0fe274c8-d374-4e6a-bd04-43e6872223a3
  9. iTunes/iPod syncing issues

iTunes/iPod syncing issues: I'm having the same problem that others seem to be having. My problem results when going into iTunes Attributes right-clicking on the iTunes folder in Music and un-checking the read-only attributes box, the un-checking reverts back to "checked" after the folder is closed. I...
  10. Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.: I am trying to install old versions of iTunes so I can downgrade my iPhone 4. (iTunes 10.0) However, when I set it up, halfway through the installation I get an error message "iPod Service failed to start. Make sure you have sufficent privliges." I have tried running it as...