Windows 10: I cannot "talk or Ping" to my other PC

Discus and support I cannot "talk or Ping" to my other PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All Thanks for taking the time to read my little problem. I have a couple of Home PC's and they are running windows 10 version 18362.239. One PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PDS1968, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PDS1968 Win User

I cannot "talk or Ping" to my other PC

Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to read my little problem.

I have a couple of Home PC's and they are running windows 10 version 18362.239. One PC is using Pro and one using Home not that this should matter.

I noticed when I open up my laptop and go to explorer and look at the networked page my sons PC is not showing and what I mean is that the small blue PC icon is not showing. also I cannot ping the PC and I cannot rdc to the PC. I cannot "talk or Ping" to my other PC ac024fb9-f0a6-461a-afdc-a62ca22ccb2c?upload=true.gif

If I then go to my sons PC and look at the same page I can see my laptop (small blue PC icon) but not my sons PC (small blue icon) even though I'm on his PC.

I cannot "talk or Ping" to my other PC 9ac3a7ba-642d-4e31-a9ca-1213273bf5b8?upload=true.gif

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening and Microsoft want to charge me for their help therefore I'm hoping someone out there can.

I would like to be able to click on my sons PC so that I can just transfer files to his PC and back it up. But I'm unable to do so at this moment in time.

My laptop is using Windows 10 Home so I cannot remote from my sons PC to my laptop.

Any suggestions what I do as this is annoying.

:)

PDS1968, Aug 4, 2019
  2. cheesy999 Win User

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

no, i don't think it's those, as i've actually managed to see my ping time list working once or twice, but like the way the game crashes once or twice a day, this list of ping times doesn't work too

cheesy999, Oct 1, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

I don't think there is a way to show ping while playing. Ping is shown on the server list though.

erocker, Oct 1, 2019
  4. cheesy999 Win User

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

no it's not

cheesy999, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot "talk or Ping" to my other PC - Similar Threads - cannot talk Ping

2. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN: I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server LAN:192.168.1.0/24 router IP 192.168.1.1VPN server pc static 192.168.1.50PPP interface 192.168.10.1- VPN connection settings...
  3. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN: I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server LAN:192.168.1.0/24 router IP 192.168.1.1VPN server pc static 192.168.1.50PPP interface 192.168.10.1- VPN connection settings...
  4. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My audio cuts out when I talk as well as other people talk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio cuts out when I talk as well as other people talk: I normally am rather listening to music in the background or playing a game while on calls with friends. Recently I've been having to deal with in other tabs cutting out whenever I or the person i'm talking to cuts out. I notice that in my volume mixer the audio expects my...
  6. My audio cuts out when I talk as well as other people talk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio cuts out when I talk as well as other people talk: I normally am rather listening to music in the background or playing a game while on calls with friends. Recently I've been having to deal with in other tabs cutting out whenever I or the person i'm talking to cuts out. I notice that in my volume mixer the audio expects my...
  7. Random Ping spikes on my Desktop PC, No other device has this issue

Random Ping spikes on my Desktop PC, No other device has this issue: Since I moved, I have had ping issues with my PC. First of all, I used to randomly get sent to 160ms on any game after a random amount of time played, it could be from an hour or 5 and it would send me from 15ms to 160-180ms. Now I fixed this after 12 months by deleting...
  8. My Headset Can hear others and game sounds But I Cannot Talk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headset Can hear others and game sounds But I Cannot Talk.: Recently I just built a PC. I am trying to setup the Headset. In discord I can hear everybody but cannot talk back. I tried another headset to the same result. I don't know how to fix this. It makes no sense. Any and all help is appreciated....
  9. Cannot Ping virtual Server

Cannot Ping virtual Server: Hi, I am using Hyper-V Manger on Windows 10 pro to create 3 virtual servers. One is my AD, while others are for other application. I had joined all to the Domain and have connected all using the virtual switch. I could map drives, folders and share files among them. It was...
  10. Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN

Cannot ping server name when connected to other VPN: I have a local server where the Server name is setup with the server IP address. I can ping the server name or the IP address from my Win/10 PC. I also connect to several other companies using a VPN connection. When I am connected to one of the VPNs, I can no longer ping...