Windows 10: I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one.

Discus and support I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Once I have turned on a "group by" sort that changes the view of the folder into groups, I cannot return the folder to a groupless mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by missionagape, May 12, 2017.

1. I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one.

Hello,

Once I have turned on a "group by" sort that changes the view of the folder into groups, I cannot return the folder to a groupless mode, even if I remake it because when I name it the same thing, it reverts to the sort the former folder had strangly.

Please Help,

-XP Misser

*cry*cry*cry*cry*cry*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad
    Ug Windows 10

:)

missionagape, May 12, 2017

2. in windows 10 how to stop when searching a large folder going back to the first file in the folder

This above is how I fixed it.

CASIMIR P SPOKAS, May 12, 2017
  3. Turning on Windows 10 defender

Thanks so much but I'm still confused. I need to go to the link you provided to remove the virus program an not the uninstall option on my computer programs? Correct? Also, once this is done, will my group administrator allow me to turn on Windows 10
    Defender? I cannot seem to get past this. It says, "this app is turned off by group policy", and "to allow this app to run, contact your security administrator to enable this program via group policy". I have no idea how to do that since I thought I was
    the administrator because I'm the only user on this pc. If I can get Defender enabled, is that all I need to protect my computer from viruses and other threats? Please advise. And, thanks again.

MildredBayer, May 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one.

Welcome to TenForums @missionagape

When you have selected a 'Group by' option a new item (None) should appear at the end of the 'Group by' list - it's just above Ascending/Descending. Click on it to turn off grouping.

Thema:

I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one.

1. I cannot turn off a folder "group by" type once selecting one. - Similar Threads - cannot turn off

2. Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once: New Computer. Windows 10. I'll select multiple folders and either try to drag or copy/paste into a new folder within the same drive and it will only take one. On top of that, it takes a very long time. It also will always go from 0% to done and just state that it's...
  3. cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot turn off files on demand for one drive: i go into one drive settings, go under files on demand and uncheck it ,when i hit ok, it automatically checks it again.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-files-on-demand-for-one-drive/ff15dd9b-b300-4114-b317-cd5acc850780
  4. How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Devourer-of-Gods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmfsyp/how_to_turn_off_the_selection_around_items_after/
  5. Turning off One Drive/Move Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning off One Drive/Move Documents Folder: I just bought a new Acer laptop with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed. I updated Windows to the most current version out there. I am trying to move the Windows Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders to a location other than under the User but am denied access, apparently...
  6. Cannot turn off encryption of desktop folder!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn off encryption of desktop folder!: I encrypted a file on my desktop. That enabled encryption on the Desktop folder. Now all files created or copied to my desktop are being encrypted. The problem is that though I can decrypt individual files, when I uncheck the "Encrypt contents to secure data" property...
  7. Cannot turn on Windows Defender - "Turned off by Group administrator" and C drive at 100%...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot turn on Windows Defender - "Turned off by Group administrator" and C drive at 100%...: I'll be honest, I don't know much about computers, so I'm not sure if both of these issues could be caused by the same issue or if they require different solutions. Windows Defender: When I tried to turn on windows defender, I got a message telling me to contact my group...
  8. Windows defender turned off by group policy and cannot be updated

Windows defender turned off by group policy and cannot be updated: My windows defender was switched off by group policy. i followed a procedure to switch it on and now i cannot update my windows defender when connected to the internet. Cloud based protection too cannot be switced on. Any help ......
  9. Defender turned off in group policy

Defender turned off in group policy: defender is currently off and when i try to turn on it says its set off in group policy. I am not sure how this happened but i cant turn it on again. gpedit isnt available on my home version of windows so how did it get turned off in the first place? 66403
  10. Display is turning off once a day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display is turning off once a day: Hi! I have a computer with the following configuration: i5 4460, ASRock B85M-DGS, 8Gb ram HyperX, Sapphire Radeon R7 265 Dual-X (with latest video drivers 15.7.1), SSD Kingston v300 120GB, windows 10 with latest updates and my display is LED Samsung LT22D390 22 inch. Every...