Windows 10: I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

Discus and support I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Cengia, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?

:)

James Cengia, Jan 24, 2023

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

I suppose you could manually lock (Win+L) the computer before stepping away from it as a workaround to be able to have the time wanted to turn the display back on without require sign-in.

Brink, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

Brink, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

1. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away - Similar Threads - cannot turn off

2. Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup: I can't recall what the proper name for this feature is or how to enable/disable it.When I turn off or reboot a Windows 10 or11 computer, upon turning it back on it will automatically log in the last user that logged on to the computer, and then lock the computer, so that you...
  3. Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off auto sign-in & lock at startup: I can't recall what the proper name for this feature is or how to enable/disable it.When I turn off or reboot a Windows 10 or11 computer, upon turning it back on it will automatically log in the last user that logged on to the computer, and then lock the computer, so that you...
  4. turn off sign off lockdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off sign off lockdown: i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-sign-off-lockdown/70ef4a08-af2c-4675-bd73-d706fc2bb14b
  5. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away: The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?...
  6. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away: The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?...
  7. I cannot turn off the touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot turn off the touchpad.: Since the November 2020 upgrade, I cannot turn off the touchpad on my Lenovo Laptop. I just want it to stay off. Every time I disable it through Device Manager, uninstalling drivers, the drivers always come back and the touchpad turns itself back on within about 15 minutes or...
  8. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely: I have turned off the require sign in in account options. I have turned off the password requirement setting with netplwiz. I turned off the lock screen in gpedit. Windows now does not ask for a login password when I start my computer. But, after about 20 minutes of...
  9. How can I turn off the 2 step verification code and just sign in??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I turn off the 2 step verification code and just sign in??: Tired of the 2 step,Why can't I just use my password?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-the-2-step-verification-code/d2991882-5f1f-4799-80e9-007dfb2de1e0"
  10. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off: I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face recognition function every time that I lift the laptop's lid. But I'm being forced by Windows to sign in every time because it will...