Windows 10: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

Discus and support I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter".... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamHoles, Nov 7, 2018.

1. AdamHoles Win User

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window, in the "Security" drop down list, "Virus Protection" is "Off" and I read that "Windows Defender Antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator." How to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus?

:)

AdamHoles, Nov 7, 2018
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Can't turn on Windows Defender Antivirus

After freshly installing Windows 10 N and doing a few initial restarts to finish all updates, I cannot turn Windows Defender on anymore. After pressing "Turn on now" under Security and Maintenance at Virus protection, I get this message:

Security and Maintenance can't turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. Please try again later.

I tried disabling the "Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus" in policy editor, but that did not solve the problem. I also can't even open the Windows Defender Security Centre and I haven't installed any other antivirus.

Hyperion101, Nov 7, 2018
  4. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

1. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. - Similar Threads - cannot turn Defender

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus

Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus: Recently I have uninstalled an antivirus software and now when I am trying to turn on my windows defender antivirus it does not respond.What should I do ?...
  6. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....
  7. cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus

cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus: i want to turn on the antivirus but my computer just won't let me do that.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-microsoft-defender-antivirus/08c3655c-1d3f-47af-bd41-c5903d8b4c00
  8. how do i turn on windows defender antivirus

how do i turn on windows defender antivirus: I cant turn on windows defender antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-antivirus/f16f7851-b3b9-4639-8f1e-3c9f13f299ad
  9. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903: My windows defender antivirus is turned off all other components are on. How do I turn on the virus protection? It says it's managed by my organization, but there is no organization. This is my home....
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on

Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on: I get prompts telling me I need to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus every time I turn on my laptop. When I go to the security center I do not have the option to switch any of the toggles to On, they just remain grey. Windows 10 came installed on this laptop. I have not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i turned on window defender on security and maintainance

2. cannot turn my windows defender on

3. cant turn windows defender after unistalling eset antivirus

4. windows defender antivrus is turned off and is currently managed by your system administrator fix