Windows 10: I cannot type a password to login

Discus and support I cannot type a password to login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot type a password to login. The box automatically fill with dots. Go to into tools for trouble shooting if I select an option is does take. If I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by brianbrown0851, Feb 13, 2021.

1. I cannot type a password to login

I cannot type a password to login. The box automatically fill with dots. Go to into tools for trouble shooting if I select an option is does take. If I use a prompt is will not take or automatically fills with equals signs. I cannot get in to control panel because I cannot login.

:)

brianbrown0851, Feb 13, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 13, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Feb 13, 2021
  4. I cannot type a password to login

Cannot type password into Windows login screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better. I like to know; when you type password, are you able to view the black dots in the password area?

I suggest you to start your computer in safe and check if the same issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

I cannot type a password to login

1. I cannot type a password to login - Similar Threads - cannot type password

2. Cannot type in full password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  3. Cannot type in full password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  4. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  5. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  6. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can not type password at login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not type password at login: Since a recent update not all keys work on my keyboard so I can not type my log in password. A and e show as á and é and certain keys like m don't work at all. The language settings show ENG US & UK but switching makes no difference. I can not click on the power button on log...
  8. Login Type - Identify Password logins

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Type - Identify Password logins: Does anyone know of a way to differentiate login type? In other words: Am I able to identify when users login using a standard password, versus when they login via our multi-factor authentication? We use a MFA device with Windows 10 (1903), and it works out of the box...
  9. cannot type in the password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cannot type in the password: i boot the computer and i cant type the password. its not like its not registering the keyboard, the password box wont show up how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-in-the-password/2dbadbf4-96f2-41eb-9363-d08b569a4f33
  10. Cannot type WIFI password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot type WIFI password: Win10 x64 [14393.693] As soon as I update Windows to this version, I cannot type anything in the WIFI password field. Keyboard isn't responding there. One workaround is to type WIFI password on Notepad and copy and paste. Annoying. Any ideas? Update: If I boot into...