Windows 10: I cannot type an equals sign on my computer, but I can type a +

Discus and support I cannot type an equals sign on my computer, but I can type a + in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This issue started a few weeks ago and I still have not solved it. Basically, I cannot type an equals sign on my computer. However, shift + equals does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SecretChaos, Apr 7, 2019.

1. I cannot type an equals sign on my computer, but I can type a +

This issue started a few weeks ago and I still have not solved it. Basically, I cannot type an equals sign on my computer. However, shift + equals does type a + sign normally. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (I have a razer deathstalker keyboard). Nothing has fixed it so far. In fact I have a mouse with programmable keys on it, and I cannot type an equals sign using that or even using the on screen keyboard. Clearly, it isn't a hardware issue.

:)

SecretChaos, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Mason2018 Win User

Cannot type "equal" sign

Hello, for whatever reason I cannot type the "equal" sign but "+" works just fine. Virtual keyboard won't type it either.

I have looked all over help forums, reinstalled both mouse and keyboard drivers and nothing is working.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Mason2018, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Hueristic Win User
    BGA Package types

Where can I find a list of Pitcairn and Tahiti types (I.E.) Pinouts.

Hueristic, Apr 7, 2019
  4. I cannot type an equals sign on my computer, but I can type a +

Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

I cannot type an equals sign on my computer, but I can type a +

1. I cannot type an equals sign on my computer, but I can type a + - Similar Threads - cannot type equals

2. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.: Hello I have a T440s Lenovo Business Laptop. I have upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 for a few years now and nothing has ever happened like this before. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, Restarting computer, checking for the latest drivers for my keyboard,...
  3. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.: Hello I have a T440s Lenovo Business Laptop. I have upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 for a few years now and nothing has ever happened like this before. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, Restarting computer, checking for the latest drivers for my keyboard,...
  4. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i cant type the = sign ?

i cant type the = sign ?: i need asap pls i cant type the" =" sign my keyboard isnt broken even with the on screen keyboard it wont be typedi think its not an hardware problem even when i click shift or alt to write the} or the + it works but only that sign :tried to unistall the driver didnt workits...
  6. i cant type the = sign ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant type the = sign ?: i need asap pls i cant type the" =" sign my keyboard isnt broken even with the on screen keyboard it wont be typedi think its not an hardware problem even when i click shift or alt to write the} or the + it works but only that sign :...
  7. I cannot type in Hirigana letters.

I cannot type in Hirigana letters.: I cannot type in Hirigana eventhough I downloaded the Language already tried to delete it and reinstall multiple times but did not help and switch the input to hirigana on the bottom left. I have noticed that this problem only applies to applications. Typing in windows itself...
  8. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  9. i cannot type in the xbox app

i cannot type in the xbox app: when i try to type in the xbox app a white box cycles to the right and deselects the typing box im not sure what is causing this, its also been affecting the start menu...
  10. How to fix the researching taskbar ??? I can not type the words in this but I can type it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix the researching taskbar ??? I can not type the words in this but I can type it...: [IMG]Here is this i have tested a lots time to type it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-researching-taskbar-i-can-not-type/3ba19f0a-b70e-4e59-b031-0a2bb8b13638