Windows 10: I cannot type closing braces anymore

Discus and support I cannot type closing braces anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable through any means to type this " } " symbol. My shift key and right bracket " ] " both work. I also cannot use the built-in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ravenous Storm, Jun 21, 2019.

1. I cannot type closing braces anymore

I am unable through any means to type this " } " symbol.

My shift key and right bracket " ] " both work. I also cannot use the built-in Windows 10 on-screen keyboard to print this symbol.

I am in dire need of assistance as I do programming work and having to keep the symbol copied into the clipboard is such an inefficient way to work.

:)

Ravenous Storm, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 typing slow

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted
    system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 21, 2019
  3. happita Win User
    Brace yourselves....

I click the "Brace yourselves" thread and I see the avatar.....

*Eek! I cannot type closing braces anymore :eek:

P.S. Also interesting word usage of the male genitalia. Made me *Laugh :laugh:

On topic, BLOPS and BLOPS 2 were much much better games than Ghosts. My brother having the only modern console (PS3) and being a COD addict, I usually play with him once in a while and I have to say Ghosts was a bit of a letdown. Decent execution and variety added to the series, but felt like a step backwards IMO.

happita, Jun 21, 2019
  4. I cannot type closing braces anymore

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

I cannot type closing braces anymore

1. I cannot type closing braces anymore - Similar Threads - cannot type closing

2. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  3. I cannot share a hotspot anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot share a hotspot anymore: I have been trying for the past month to share a hotspot to my phone, since my laptop is connected with Ethernet and the router is too far away from my office. However, when I connect my phone, it seems like it is connected, but I never get a connection. This is on Windows...
  4. I cannot use bluetooth anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use bluetooth anymore: Hi everyone, I cannot use my bluetooth on laptop, I found it on device manager it was on hidden devices when I select it and right click, I cannot uninstall it. what should i do? please help me !!!! I cannot turn on bluetooth anywhere...
  5. I cannot use bluetooth anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use bluetooth anymore: Hi everyone, I cannot use my bluetooth on laptop, I found it on device manager it was on hidden devices when I select it and right click, I cannot uninstall it. what should i do? please help me !!!! I cannot turn on bluetooth anywhere...
  6. I cannot use bluetooth anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I cannot type in Japanese anymore after windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot type in Japanese anymore after windows update.: Exactly as the title say. I was able to use the japanese ime well and then i updated my pc and i cannot use japanese any more. When i do windows key + space i will randomly switch back to english on its own. And when its actually on japanese i cant change the halfwidth...
  8. I cannot type on search bar anymore after I changed the language of Windows 10?

in Cortana
    I cannot type on search bar anymore after I changed the language of Windows 10?: I have bought Legion 5 with windows 10 on it. the windows originally was in German, everything was fine. after I have changed the language to English, I can no longer type on search bar. I also have an error showing: Something happened, we couldn't install a feature....
  9. Browsers closing when I type!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Browsers closing when I type!: When I type in a browser I use Chrome something in the Keystroke closes the browser. I have tried using Firefox, Edge and Explorer with the exact same results. I can type in an app that is not on a browser and there is no issue. Do I need to do a reset? Frustrated!...
  10. I cannot reply anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot reply anymore: I asked for help with a photo import issue. I spoke about finally having to just spend money for icloud and onedrive. The responder agreed to hearing similar issues, asked another question, then I was no longer able to reply, before every solving my issue. I find it very...