Windows 10: I cannot type in search box

Discus and support I cannot type in search box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot type in a search box. It started after I changed a password to Wi-Fi. I am trying to insert the password but it is impossible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cyrstal Engelhardt, Jun 23, 2020.

1. I cannot type in search box

I cannot type in a search box. It started after I changed a password to Wi-Fi. I am trying to insert the password but it is impossible

:)

Cyrstal Engelhardt, Jun 23, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Jun 23, 2020
  4. I cannot type in search box

Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

I cannot type in search box

1. I cannot type in search box - Similar Threads - cannot type search

2. I cannot type anything in my search box. Win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type anything in my search box. Win 10.: I cannot type anything into my search box. On my laptop and desktop computer. I am using win 10 Pro 10.0.19045. Can someone please help Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-type-anything-in-my-search-box-win-10/becd8643-0e93-46f6-b31a-390ad99cffbc
  3. I cannot type anything in my search box. Win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type anything in my search box. Win 10.: I cannot type anything into my search box. On my laptop and desktop computer. I am using win 10 Pro 10.0.19045. Can someone please help Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-type-anything-in-my-search-box-win-10/becd8643-0e93-46f6-b31a-390ad99cffbc
  4. I cannot type anything in my search box. Win 10.

in Cortana
  5. I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes.: I already tried troubleshooting it say my keyboard is working. I even tried using my keyboard on the other computer and it's working. Only if I type on the search box of my computer or when I'm going to sign in my account I cannot type anything....
  6. Cannot type in Taskbar Search Box in Windows 10

Cannot type in Taskbar Search Box in Windows 10: I am unable to type in the Windows 10 Taskbar search box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-in-taskbar-search-box-in-windows-10/2d3a542d-62c3-4038-ae19-fb4b8df59983
  7. No language bar and cannot type in search box?

in Cortana
    No language bar and cannot type in search box?: Hello. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only thing i have done that day is that i have run userbenchmark on my computer. After restarting i've lost my language bar and i cannot type in search boxes in windows 10? I've restarted Explorer, but that does not fix it....
  8. Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...

Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...: I have an unusual issue where I cannot type anything into Windows search boxes. Specifically the built in 'Search' in the explorer windows, and the 'Start' menu search doesn't show when typing. However I can search in the Control Panel. Also, to confound this issue further...
  9. Cannot type in search box in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in search box in explorer: Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/butterballmd [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...