Windows 10: I cannot type in windows 10 search bar or outlook

Discus and support I cannot type in windows 10 search bar or outlook in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried downloading lastest version updates.I cannot type in Windows search bar or Outlook, could not type in Edge search bar but can now but have... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KenCoker, Apr 11, 2020.

1. KenCoker Win User

I cannot type in windows 10 search bar or outlook

I have tried downloading lastest version updates.I cannot type in Windows search bar or Outlook, could not type in Edge search bar but can now but have tried everything else for the other. Any clues before I through Laptop in Bin.

:)

KenCoker, Apr 11, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10, Outlook & Task Bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you trying to search Windows Outlook Mail app or Outllok.com or MS office Outlook?

Windows 10 provides Windows Outlook Mail app. With the Mail app, you can have all your email—from Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo!, and other accounts—in one single app. So there's no need to go to different websites or apps for your email.

When you try to search Outlook through search, if the Outlook app/program is not found on PC, it redirects you to web. Outlook Mail app can be search and Pin to task bar through Start menu. To search and pin the Mail app on Task bar, kindly follow the below
    given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Mail in Search option.
    • Right click on the Mail app icon and click or tap on
      Pin to task bar

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot type in windows 10 search bar or outlook - Similar Threads - cannot type search

2. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  3. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  4. Cannot type in search bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  5. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  6. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I cannot type in my windows search bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type in my windows search bar: Hi there,I currently have an issue where I cannot type in my windows search bar. I don't really now how to resolve this problem. Also, I don' have the full copy of windows. Is that the issue? If so, do I need to buy it?...
  8. I cannot type into my Windows 10 search bar.

in Cortana
    I cannot type into my Windows 10 search bar.: The title really says it all. I tried multiple methods, including the powershell and cmd promt commands. none of them seem to help. I've also tried running the sfc scan multiple times, to no end. The Powershell command Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object...
  9. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  10. Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10: Recently after I updated Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. I can't type anything in this box. I tried all the tricks: -Rebuilding Index -Command prompt commands - Powershell Commands etc that I found. But I am unable to fix the issue. Please Help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bar outlook.com

2. can not type in outlook search bar

3. cant type in windows 10 search or start bars