Windows 10: I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes.

Discus and support I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I already tried troubleshooting it say my keyboard is working. I even tried using my keyboard on the other computer and it's working. Only if I type on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rhacel, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Rhacel Win User

I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes.

I already tried troubleshooting it say my keyboard is working. I even tried using my keyboard on the other computer and it's working. Only if I type on the search box of my computer or when I'm going to sign in my account I cannot type anything.

:)

Rhacel, Sep 20, 2021
  2. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Sep 20, 2021
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 20, 2021
  4. I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes.

The search box on the Taskbar and in Windows Explorer will not accept any typing input

The search box on the taskbar will not accept any typing input.

Nor will the search box in Windows Explorer.

Normal behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", and type.

New, incorrect behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", but the box does not accept any input.

Same for the search box in Windows Explorer.

Workarounds: None found so far.

Research: Google - multiple documents, none of which were exact matches. Applied many of the "solutions" suggested, to no avail.

Restarting the computer does not help.

Input into other applications (Word, Excel, Chrome, etc) is usually absolutely fine. Sometimes (about once a week) text typed into the Chrome browser does not reflect the input, e.g. I type "target" and the screen displays "rfotlt". If I retype the input
    into Word, I can copy and paste into the browser. So I have a workaround. Restarting fixes this. (I don't need a solution for this, it is just FYI.)

David K. Dickson, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes.

1. I cannot type inputs in the search bar and other dialogue boxes. - Similar Threads - cannot type inputs

2. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  3. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  4. Cannot type in search bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  5. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  6. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No language bar and cannot type in search box?

in Cortana
    No language bar and cannot type in search box?: Hello. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only thing i have done that day is that i have run userbenchmark on my computer. After restarting i've lost my language bar and i cannot type in search boxes in windows 10? I've restarted Explorer, but that does not fix it....
  8. I cannot type in search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot type in search box: I cannot type in a search box. It started after I changed a password to Wi-Fi. I am trying to insert the password but it is impossible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-type-in-search-box/1673b82a-068c-4047-b342-bc5a6e28198d
  9. Cannot type in search box in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in search box in explorer: Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/butterballmd [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...