Windows 10: I cannot unselect the read only option

Discus and support I cannot unselect the read only option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear friends, i have had 3 day trying to find a solution on my own and i have not been able to find one, all of my folders are marked with the "read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by junior enocgurdian lopez, Sep 17, 2020.

1. I cannot unselect the read only option

Dear friends, i have had 3 day trying to find a solution on my own and i have not been able to find one, all of my folders are marked with the "read only" option and it doesnt let me edit , move or delete my folders, i already scanned my laptop with 3 antiviruses, tried deactivate the "read only" attribute with cmd and windows shell, also checked out if im the administrator and if i have all the permissions, everyting looks alright... how do i fix this? help.

Kind Regards

Junior

:)

junior enocgurdian lopez, Sep 17, 2020

2. Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "msconfig".
    • Select Selective startup and Load system services.
    • Unselect Load system startup items.

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Sep 17, 2020
  3. No option to unselect contact default

I have noticed (is it only me) that Ovi Suite automatically selects a contact number default when there is two or more numbers for one contact. It cannot be unselected. Is there a solution to this OR is this a software oversight?

SuperManForADay, Sep 17, 2020
  4. I cannot unselect the read only option

Internet images are downloaded though the option is unselected

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue, it looks like you are facing issues while downloading mails on Windows Mail app.

I would like to ask certain question on this issue:

Have you enabled any proxy Internet connection on the computer?

I would suggest you to disable any proxy Internet connection, if enabled, on the computer.

Please follow the steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer on the desktop.

b) Click on Tools icon option on the top right corner.

c) Select Internet Option from the list.

d) Click on Connection tab.

e) Click on LAN Settings.

f) Uncheck the box which says “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN".

Please let us know if the issue still persists and we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

I cannot unselect the read only option

1. I cannot unselect the read only option - Similar Threads - cannot unselect read

2. I can't turn off "read-only" option for C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn off "read-only" option for C drive: 2 weeks ago my games stopped saving my progress no matter how many times I tried. Then I downloaded Fallout 4 and tried to add some mods but my mod download program started giving errors. Also Edge stopped working. I just couldn't use it. Then I realized that everything on my...
  3. Cannot unset read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot unset read-only: I am attempting to copy a custom portrait to inside my Baldur's Gate folder. It is not showing up. One of the puzzling things is that when I try to copy it again, I'm asked if I wish to overwrite the existing file--as if the copy worked the first time. However, the game...
  4. All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed

All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed: Hello everyone. As the title states, all of my folders throughout windows 10 have set themselves to read only and I am unable to change this back no matter what I try. This is the first time I have wanted to edit something a set of photo's since before Christmas and now I...
  5. chkdsk cannot continue in read only mode

chkdsk cannot continue in read only mode: Trying to fix this issue. Ran chkdsk and this is what happens. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified....
  6. I cannot uncheck read-only in a folder.

I cannot uncheck read-only in a folder.: Hello, I need to uncheck the read-only attribute of a specific folder. At the first glance, it works when I hit apply. The problem is, when I close the properties and check it again, the read-only attribute is checked again. It keeps reverting. I have already done lots of...
  7. The read-only option won’t unselect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The read-only option won’t unselect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GetCrazyWCheeseWhiz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd07s9/the_readonly_option_wont_unselect/
  8. Cannot change "Read Only" folder attribute.

Cannot change "Read Only" folder attribute.: I need to know how to fix the issue. The issue is "How do you change the folder's attributes so that it will no longer be "Read Only". I've gone into my PowerShell (Admin) and did the whole "attrib -r +s <drive>:\<folder>" thing -- it didn't work. I need some options....
  9. Cannot Remove Read-Only from Folder

Cannot Remove Read-Only from Folder: I can't remove read-only from a folder. I am the owner of that folder and when I apply the changes it back to read-only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-read-only-from-folder/ec39ccf0-5dfc-4e6a-8dff-ef4596a83cef"
  10. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode

in Windows 10 News
    CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CHKDSK proves to be most helpful to fix any issue with storage, file system, and disk. But when scanning the operating system partition or some external storage devices, it may throw some error. One such error is the CHKDSK cannot [...] This post CHKDSK...