Windows 10: I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do

Discus and support I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anyone have a solution? I've tried everything I can think of. I've used the Windows Update about four times now. I've used the Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenGutjahr, Feb 4, 2020.

1. I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do

Does anyone have a solution? I've tried everything I can think of. I've used the Windows Update about four times now. I've used the Windows Update Assistant at least three times. Every time the download is done and the install starts but part way through everything is just restored back to 1809. The messages that briefly appear before I am put back to 1809 are "Attempting to recover installation" followed by "Undoing Changes". About 90 minutes wasted each time!

My computer is Windows 10 Home, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.805

This is crazy and if I had a choice of another operating system I'd be taking that choice.

Now I'm trying to update my wife's computer and it is basically just stalled at "Getting things ready 94%". I'm beyond my level here an I'm pretty computer literate. If anyone has any suggestions that will work I'd love to know them.

:)

StephenGutjahr, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Stevenvv# Win User

Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

Well would't you know it. I did everything, every step, all the suggestions, months of failed downloads and was going to wipe everything tomorrow and start again, but remembered I hadn't tried your suggestion of updating to 1809 before 1903/09, and blow
    me down, but it's updated to 1809 with ease!

I have yet to dare to try and get it to update to 1909 but it's the 1st progress in months, so thanks.

Stevenvv#, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Feb 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do

Windows 10 update 1909

Hi Sarthak

No you do not need to update to 1809 - 1903 if you are currently on version 1803, then version 1909 will appear in the list of updates and will automatically be installed on your PC since 1803 has run out of support

You do not need to do anything, 1909 is currently spreading around the world, just give it time to appear in the list of pending updates . . .

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do

1. I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do - Similar Threads - cannot update 1809

2. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  3. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  4. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No matter what I do, I cannot get into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No matter what I do, I cannot get into my computer.: Hello, for the past 2 days, my computer keeps loading into recovery mode. I've tried using a bootable media to completely reinstall the system, but when I try to do that, it says Missing operating system. Getting into recovery mode wouldn't be a problem, if I wasn't stuck in...
  6. No matter what I do, I cannot get into my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No matter what I do, I cannot get into my computer.: Hello, for the past 2 days, my computer keeps loading into recovery mode. I've tried using a bootable media to completely reinstall the system, but when I try to do that, it says Missing operating system. Getting into recovery mode wouldn't be a problem, if I wasn't stuck in...
  7. I cannot sign in not the Microsoft store, not matter what I do.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot sign in not the Microsoft store, not matter what I do.: No matter what I do do, from using different accounts, to resetting passwords, resetting the Microsoft store, resetting the computer, nothing I have done works, all I keep getting whenever I try to sign in is this:[ATTACH]This has been going on for more then a year now, so...
  8. Cannot update to 1909 from 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot update to 1909 from 1809: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4538461) I've run the troubleshooter. I've disabled AV. I've reset windows modules. I've tried in clean boot. For awhile it was getting stuck at 90% and I had to force shutdown. Today the updater...
  9. 1709 -> 1909 - update fails - no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 -> 1909 - update fails - no matter what I do.: Hi guys. This is my first question ever related to windows - over the many years I was able to do the research and solve the problem on my own - but this time it is a dead end. I had windows 7 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro x64. It was updating itself to a certain point,...
  10. Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do.: I applied the update to 1809--at least that's what I THOUGHT it was. Upon the required reboot my PC goes to BSOD no matter what I try (0xC0000225 initially, now it's 0xC000000F on a black screen). I have tried several website suggestions to fix what appears to be a...