Windows 10: I cannot update iTunes version on Windows 10

Discus and support I cannot update iTunes version on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update to iTunes Version 12 and in the end I get this: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomIanniccari, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I cannot update iTunes version on Windows 10

I am trying to update to iTunes Version 12 and in the end I get this:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

:)

ThomIanniccari, Jul 25, 2018

2. Itunes Update

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• What happens when you try to update iTunes?
    I would suggest you to uninstall iTunes and re-install the latest version from the Apple Support website.

Note: Kindly save iTunes files before uninstalling it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Error during iTunes installation in Windows 10 64 bits version

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you said that " it worked fine with 32-bit version", and there is a problem in installing in 64-bit version. But iTunes application is compatible with both the versions. There may be an issue with the PC which/iTunes application which is not supporting
    the particular PC.

The error code which you have provided is related to Windows update.

I suggest you to run the Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box present in the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Windows update Troubleshooter.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

SujataMoktan, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I cannot update iTunes version on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

I cannot update iTunes version on Windows 10

1. I cannot update iTunes version on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot update iTunes

2. I cannot update Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot update Windows 10 version 21H1: Hi,I do not know what happened, my laptop cannot update Windows, I try to restart and hope it updates, but it said something like cannot update, change to the old version. Windows Update panel is still like the below picture.What should I do now? The start menu still has...
  3. I cannot update Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot update Windows 10 version 21H1: Hi,I do not know what happened, my laptop cannot update Windows, I try to restart and hope it updates, but it said something like cannot update, change to the old version. Windows Update panel is still like the below picture.What should I do now? The start menu still has...
  4. I cannot update Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cannot reinstall itunes 32 or itunes 64

I cannot reinstall itunes 32 or itunes 64: I have a collection of itunes music. A recent update advised that I should update itunes, now i cannot install it from windows site or apple! A message appears that i should complete uninstall itunes.I have done this but It still will not load when I download the program from...
  6. I cannot download iTunes

I cannot download iTunes: I cannot download iTunes. Each time I select download from the MSF app store, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-itunes/e2fc9846-6c4e-45c9-bd38-cbe06c91e643
  7. Cannot install iTunes in Windows 10

Cannot install iTunes in Windows 10: Something happened after the last major windows update and it effected itunes and other apple windows programs. When I attempt to reinstall iTunes, after running through the installation routine, I get an error message, "The older version of Apple Software Update cannot...
  8. windows 10 version cannot update

windows 10 version cannot update: there is an up date of windows 10 on my computer,i tried to update it but updating fails each time though i have enough space to update it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-cannot-update/e6ff5077-c3f9-473e-9a05-5dc65b7bd96f
  9. I cannot install iTunes

I cannot install iTunes: So I tried to install iTunes from Microsoft Store but it failed. This was the error: [ATTACH] But when I clicked Open Programs and Features, I didn't find any apple programs in there. [ATTACH] I did try several solutions offered in web but still couldn't install it....
  10. Cannot download iTunes on Windows 10

Cannot download iTunes on Windows 10: I cannot locate iTunes on my new PC and when I try to download, it says I own the app and will not let me install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-itunes-on-windows-10/f5d76b5a-22e7-4ab3-828a-7ce4b6dda9f6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot update itunes on windows 10

2. cannot update itunes windows 10

3. can not update itunes on pc