Windows 10: I cannot update my visual studio 2019 - installer stopped working.

Discus and support I cannot update my visual studio 2019 - installer stopped working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was in the process of updating 16.9.3 to16.9.4 when I received a BSOD IRQL not less or equal!. After restarting I ranthe updater but almost as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JerryWitteveen, Apr 14, 2021.

1. I cannot update my visual studio 2019 - installer stopped working.

I was in the process of updating 16.9.3 to16.9.4 when I received a BSOD IRQL not less or equal!. After restarting I ranthe updater but almost as soon as it started it quit. After a couple ofattempts I tried the following:

1. Checked that my PD was up2date –ok

2. Installed the latest videodrivers

3. Uninstalled the installer

4. Cleaned the registry with CCleaner

5. Restarted my PC

Downloaded vs_Comunity.exe and ran it.

It downloaded and installed the installer okand the message “Almost done getting everything ready” was displayed. Thenboom, it just vanished. I tried to run the installer again, but the same –starts then stops. I checked in the task manager and it was definitely gone.

If I start Visual studio, which still worksluckily, the check for updates doesn’t do anything anymore.

Please, how can I repair the installer?

Thanks,

Gerry.

:)

JerryWitteveen, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

Source: Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

Source: Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

I cannot update my visual studio 2019 - installer stopped working.

Visual Studio 2019 Preview 2 Blog Rollup

Source: Visual Studio 2019 Preview 2 Blog Rollup | Visual C++ Team Blog

See also: Visual Studio 2019 Launch Event on April 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

I cannot update my visual studio 2019 - installer stopped working.

1. I cannot update my visual studio 2019 - installer stopped working. - Similar Threads - cannot update visual

2. Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2019: Hello, i have a question. I wanna ask if its safe to uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio because it is taking 2 gigs from my drive. I dont need it just yet and i just wanna know if i can unistall it safely from my pc.Thank you for understanding....
  3. Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2019: Hello, i have a question. I wanna ask if its safe to uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio because it is taking 2 gigs from my drive. I dont need it just yet and i just wanna know if i can unistall it safely from my pc.Thank you for understanding....
  4. Visual Studio 2019 Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Visual Studio 2019 Installation Failure: I'm trying to install Visual Studio 2019 but get the following error message: "Authenticode verification returned 0x80096010 for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vs_installershell.exe." I've never seen it before. Any help would be greatly...
  5. visual studio 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2019: How do i upload VS to a Server? I am trying to use VS as Expressions does not work anymore... I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2019/3ed4af1c-0f49-47fb-96b2-2c298abab671
  6. Can't install the visual studio 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install the visual studio 2019: I have tried installing it manually, or through steam because i need it for a game to run it but everytime it displays the same message [ATTACH] it's the same for x64 and x86. If I try to do the 2015-2019 pack or the standalone 2019 Here is also a post here from another...
  7. Trouble installing Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing Visual Studio 2019: I'm having trouble installing Visual Studio 2019. I have 2015 and 2017 on this computer. Do I need to remove 2015? Part of the problem is an app that I downloaded from the Microsoft store. It prints everything in Japanese. I can't get rid of it. Help please....
  8. visual studio 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual studio 2019: while compiling i am getting unable to start program........... ........................................................ the system cant find the file specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2019/340212e7-3f09-417e-86c5-b1e23c3ba984
  9. Visual Studio 2019 works poorly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio 2019 works poorly: I've recently upgraded to VS2019, but it's giving me a lot of trouble. Here's a list of issues I'm experiencing: At random, parts of the document I'm editing become unclickable for a couple seconds to a minute This seems to happen the most with method names and things...
  10. Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information: Yesterday, we covered What’s next for Visual Studio for Mac, and today we’ve updated our Visual Studio Roadmap so you can see the latest news about what we’re working on. We’re particularly excited to share this update since it includes information about the first preview of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. visual studio 2019 stopped working after updating