Windows 10: I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program...

Discus and support I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a doozy or a question, but here I go. I have a Dell Inspiron 5577 running Win10 version 1809 (it came with Win10 -- I didn't upgrade it). For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AC_231, May 6, 2019.

1. AC_231 Win User

I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program...

This is a doozy or a question, but here I go. I have a Dell Inspiron 5577 running Win10 version 1809 (it came with Win10 -- I didn't upgrade it). For the past couple of days (since May 1), I have been unable to use certain apps and programs that require internet or server connections. Browsers, the Steam interface, and Google Earth are the exceptions -- I can browse the internet and download files without problems.

These include Windows Update (it throws an error: 0x80080005) and Settings freezes if I click 'update history' or 'advanced options.' The Rain Alarm app (it gives me an error saying "Error code: ce WinRTError: A notification channel request for the provided application identifier is in progress. ... Live tile and alarms cannot be used. Make sure the app and Windows services are allowed to access the internet...") Microsoft's own Weather app refuses to load beyond the splash screen. AccuWeather displays the splash screen and after about 15 minutes, it just gives up and closes. I cannot launch any Steam games (I can browse the Steam workshops and discussions). I cannot run any of the Troubleshooters (except the Internet Connection Troubleshooter, which shows no issues) -- they all stay on 'Initializing' and never progress. Anytime I click on "update program" or the equivalents in a program, they don't respond. If the program redirects me to their downloads website, it takes about 5 minutes between me selecting the downloaded file in Firefox to Microsoft initializing the installation, during which the browser freezes until the UAC appears.

Everything stopped working on May 1, 2019. The only change to the computer between then and April 30 (when it was working fine) was me moving and the computer being turned off and in its carrying case waiting for the desk to arrive. I did get a new internet provider, but as I said, the problems continue when I connect the computer to my phone's hotspot. Connecting to an ethernet cable also doesn't help anything.

I have done sfc /scannow, DISM /scanhealth (which freezes command prompt -- I couldn't even use Task Manager to close cmd.), and cleared the DNS cache. I know it isn't internet related as I get the same issues when I connect my computer to my phone's hotspot (a different provider).

Simply put, I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program (though there are exceptions).

:)

AC_231, May 6, 2019
  2. a111087 Win User

My CopyMe program for Facebook Graffiti app

Hey,
    If you are not familiar with Graffiti app on Facebook - it is a small app that allows you to draw pictures for your friends on Facebook. Pictures are posted to their wall and they can then view how you drew them, step by step.

I know it might sound silly, but I liked it. Me and one of my friends liked using it to draw all kinds of things, whenever one of us had birthday, or any other occasion. It sure was fun using it. It felt like it was better than a present you buy at the store because you put your time into it and you just know that the other person will appreciate it. (I know it silly, but keep reading. *Laugh :laughI cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program... :)

So, I did a lot of drawings and each one was taking more time than before. They were also more complicated and more beautiful, but I was spending up to 4 hours on one drawing. I though, I would try something new and write a program that would draw pictures for me.

Here is how it works:
    • You find a picture on the web
    • Convert it to only black and white pixels (current limitation of the program)
    • Tell the program to start drawing. (Program will look at the image and draw it in the app pixel by pixel. It might take 2-3 hours to finish. You will not be able to use your computer during that time because mouse pointer will be used to draw and click in the app.)
    • When draft is ready, it is up to you to add colors or some other interesting things.
    So, what do you think?
    PM me if you want to receive a copy of the program and try it out.

I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program... [​IMG]

Code: Gui, Add, GroupBox, x12 y10 w170 h50 , Current Mouse Pos Gui, Add, Text, x22 y30 w50 h20 , vMouseX Gui, Add, Text, x72 y30 w50 h20 , vMouseY Gui, Add, Text, x122 y30 w50 h20 , vMouseColor Gui, Add, GroupBox, x12 y70 w170 h70 , Input Mouse Coord Gui, Add, GroupBox, x12 y170 w180 h90 , Load Mouse Pos Gui, Add, Text, x22 y90 w50 h20 , From Gui, Add, Text, x22 y110 w50 h20 , To Gui, Add, Edit, x72 y90 w60 h20 , vInputBegX Gui, Add, Edit, x132 y90 w50 h20 , vInputBegY Gui, Add, Edit, x72 y110 w60 h20 , vInputEndX Gui, Add, Edit, x132 y110 w50 h20 , vInputEndY Gui, Add, Text, x22 y190 w50 h20 , From Gui, Add, Text, x22 y210 w50 h20 , To Gui, Add, Edit, x72 y190 w60 h20 , vInputBegX Gui, Add, Edit, x132 y190 w50 h20 , vInputBegY Gui, Add, Edit, x72 y210 w60 h20 , vInputEndX Gui, Add, Edit, x132 y210 w50 h20 , vInputEndY Gui, Add, Button, x22 y140 w50 h20 , Start Gui, Add, Button, x82 y140 w50 h20 , Copy Gui, Show, x524 y513 h267 w206, CopyMe Return StartScan: CoordMode, Mouse, Screen CoordMode, Pixel, Screen MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos GuiControl,, Static1, %xpos% GuiControl,, Static2, %ypos% PixelGetColor, color, xpos-1 , ypos-1 GuiControl,, Static3, %color% ;Gui, Color, %color% return ButtonStart: SetTimer, StartScan, 550 return #z:: GuiControl,, Edit1, %xpos% GuiControl,, Edit2, %ypos% return #x:: GuiControl,, Edit3, %xpos% GuiControl,, Edit4, %ypos% return #c:: GuiControl,, Edit5, %xpos% GuiControl,, Edit6, %ypos% return #v:: GuiControl,, Edit7, %xpos% GuiControl,, Edit8, %ypos% return ButtonCopy: SetTimer, StartScan, Off ControlGetText, inpx, Edit1 ControlGetText, inpy, Edit2 ControlGetText, inpxx, Edit3 ControlGetText, inpyy, Edit4 ControlGetText, loadx, Edit5 ControlGetText, loady, Edit6 ControlGetText, loadxx, Edit7 ControlGetText, loadyy, Edit8 count1 := inpxx-inpx count2 := inpyy-inpy y = 1 Loop, %count2% { x = 1 Loop, %count1% { CoordMode, Mouse, Screen CoordMode, Pixel, Screen PixelGetColor, color, inpx + x , inpy + y GuiControl,, Static3, %color% if (color = color2) { MouseClick, left, loadx + x, loady + y,,0 } x:= x+1 } y:= y+1 } return #f:: CoordMode, Mouse, Screen CoordMode, Pixel, Screen PixelGetColor, color2, xpos-1 , ypos-1 return GuiClose: ExitApp[/quote]

a111087, May 6, 2019
  3. GSquadron Win User
    C# .net windows apps programming

hi,
    i am having a very hard time on finding a book on C# .net windows apps programming.
    Can anyway help with this? I means how to create desktop windows applications using C# with .net framework.
    I know video tutorials, i want to learn through a book.

GSquadron, May 6, 2019
  4. I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program...

TechPowerUp App for iPhone Announced

deffinately should make a wp app *Smile I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program... :)

anonymous6366, May 6, 2019
Thema:

I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program...

1. I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program... - Similar Threads - cannot upgrade anything

2. Cannot load games, Apps or programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot load games, Apps or programs.: Tried to do a driver rollback but option is not highlighted and couldn't do a rstrui,exe, restore. Computer also takes forever to startup and shutdown; Games seem to initiate startup but never load. Installed NVIDIA driver update and windows update but now all my games both...
  3. Cannot load games, Apps or programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot load games, Apps or programs.: Tried to do a driver rollback but option is not highlighted and couldn't do a rstrui,exe, restore. Computer also takes forever to startup and shutdown; Games seem to initiate startup but never load. Installed NVIDIA driver update and windows update but now all my games both...
  4. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted: I am making space in my hard drive to install different games specifically, the Halo: Master Chief Collection which is quite large. Even though I've deleted files, the storage is still very full. After using an external program to check the storage properly, it shows that in...
  5. microsoft app cannot start downloading anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft app cannot start downloading anything: So up until yesterday it was working fine but then i had an issue that i thought was something but it turned out to be something else. Now i cant get any apps to start downloading from the store with the error message saying "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...
  6. microsoft app cannot start downloading anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft app cannot start downloading anything: So up until yesterday it was working fine but then i had an issue that i thought was something but it turned out to be something else. Now i cant get any apps to start downloading from the store with the error message saying "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...
  7. microsoft app cannot start downloading anything

8. Cannot Uninstall a Program/Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Uninstall a Program/Apps: Hi and thank you in advance to anyone who took the time to answer my questions. I try to uninstall a program/game but windows stated that the files cannot be uninstalled because windows cannot find the file. Please refer to the picture below. Thank you for your time and...
  9. Cannot remove a app/program

Cannot remove a app/program: Hi Guys I installed the GREENSHOT image program, decided I don't want it but cannot UNinstall it. W10 I have tried different ways, including my favorite Revo uninstall. I keep getting message " cannot uninstall as you have it running" I cannot see it running anywhere...
  10. Windows cannot find apps / programs

Windows cannot find apps / programs: Apps / programs have started to disappear. Then when I download them again I get notified that Windows cannot find them, even when they are staring me in the face. What is going on? [img] 95906