Windows 10: I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I purchased a Predator laptop for my business and I need the OS to be Windows 10 Pro. Don't ask why, all of the software that I work with just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by craterwolf, Apr 5, 2021.

1. I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

So, I purchased a Predator laptop for my business and I need the OS to be Windows 10 Pro. Don't ask why, all of the software that I work with just works

better with Pro, I have no idea why. Anyways, the computer came new from the factory with Windows 10 Enterprise. I turned it on and had to go through what seemed like hours of windows updates. I finally finished the updates and everything was perfect, windows worked perfectly. So I then went to upgrade to Pro. I went into the settings and clicked the Activation tab and it said something like upgrade or something and I clicked that and it took me to the Microsoft store where it allowed me to purchase the windows pro upgrade for $99. I got the receipt but no windows activation key or anything, just a receipt saying that I had just payed $99 for the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. Then it said download and install. I downloaded it and went to install and it gave me an error saying:

We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or

product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below.

Error code: 0xC004C003

So I click Troubleshooting and it says:

Troubleshooting has completed

We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try

again. If you're connected to the Internet and continue seeing this problem, contact your system administrator for more information.

Contact Support to Get Help

I changed hardware on this device recently

So I AM connected to the internet, I DO have a valid Windows license I assume so anyways because it is direct from the manufacturer and installed by them and I HAVE contacted windows support and I can't get through to anybody. I called the manufacturer and they said that they don't keep record of the windows product keys because they are all digital. Then they said that I should contact Microsoft about this issue and Microsoft doesn't have anywhere that I can actually contact a human for support.

Has anybody else had this issue and what can I do to either get a refund apparently refunds are not available for this product but I haven't even been able to use it or get it installed which is what I would greatly prefer.?

:)

craterwolf, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 5, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 5, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

1. I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - cannot upgrade Enterprise

2. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  3. I cant upgrade to windows 10 pro/enterprise

I cant upgrade to windows 10 pro/enterprise: I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro/enterprise but i failed to do that in Payment because the Country set to US. When I check my account profile, it shows Malaysia!!! how do I move forward from here??? *I want the country in payment page set to Malaysia so that I can...
  4. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  5. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home and it Installed Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home and it Installed Windows 10 Enterprise: I recently bought a laptop that had Windows 10 Home. I went through Microsoft Store and purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade and when I went to install it did Windows 10 Enterprise? It is also stating that windows is not activated? HELP!!!!!...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  7. Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself: Hello the good Microsoft Community, I have a problem that involves Product Key and Product Version. Backstory: Recently I started to have a bit of spare time to game on my PC (so far just the intention), but I encountered a bit of problem. As I've been away and not having...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM)

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM): Hi All, I purchased a Laptop with Windows 10 Home, and now I want to upgrade to a server edition like Pro or Enterprise. Do I need to pay anything for that, or simply I can go and upgrade and use the same key? Regards Binoy...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier. Prior to Windows 10, the...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...