Windows 10: I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

Discus and support I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i was tabbing out of a game yesterday my computer somehow locked the office hyperkey stuff on (alt win shift ctrl) and most keys start opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSneakmeister, Dec 15, 2020.

1. I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

When i was tabbing out of a game yesterday my computer somehow locked the office hyperkey stuff on (alt win shift ctrl) and most keys start opening apps or webpages. This makes my entire computer unusable if i ever decide to or the pc itself decides to open a browser. When i pull up the onscreen keyboard it is showing those 4 keys stuck held down and pressing them doesnt stop it. I have tried checking sticky keys and all of that is off, checked for viruses only to find nothing, tried deleting browsers for nothing, i would try to reinstall windows but i have no way to without access to my browser and even then i doubt it would work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/TheSneakmeister
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSneakmeister, Dec 15, 2020

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Dec 15, 2020
  4. I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

BF4 Browser Utility

I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey Main.jpg

I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey Refresh.jpg

I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey

1. I cannot use any browsers due to hyperkey - Similar Threads - cannot browsers due

2. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: As I cannot follow up on @sbhollingworthI can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internetThis question which has been locked describes my issue virtually...
  3. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: As I cannot follow up on @sbhollingworthI can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internetThis question which has been locked describes my issue virtually...
  4. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: This question which has been locked describes my issue virtually exactly.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-ping-sites-but-cannot-browse-them/d55d68a8-24e1-447e-a865-8f94227f2e3cI've exhausted the list of items Johnny was advised to try without...
  5. Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash: Dear Microsoft Team, I was absent from home last week. After I returned this Sunday evening September 13, 2020 my Windows was updated when switching off the computer I run WIndows 10. The next day I imediately noticed that my microphone wasn't working anymore. After some...
  6. Cannot use the file explorer through any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot use the file explorer through any browser: This has been an issue for over a month now for me. I first noticed it when I was trying to submit a file on my college website, as soon as the file explorer opened, it froze up and after a few seconds crashed. I thought it was just a Google Chrome issue at first and tried...
  7. I cannot use any other browsers, apart from Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    I cannot use any other browsers, apart from Microsoft Edge: Hi, Any browser excluding edge I try to use doesn't seem to work any more. I've tried chrome, Firefox, opera, etc. If I try to open them, they will start for a moment, before abruptly closing. I can't seem to work out why it's doing this. Any help or fixes would be...
  8. Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Any Concerns Using a Russian Browser?: With secure browsing in mind, I've been experimenting with various browsers that are advertised to offer good security in the Internet. I'm currently trying Yandex, which is Russian designed. Knowing how adept the Russians are, do you think I should have any concerns about...
  9. Cannot use keyboard in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use keyboard in any browser: We just updated our windows 7 laptop with windows 10. When we open Edge or Chrome, we cannot use keyboard to type anything either in search window or address bar. Browsers are also very slow to respond or freeze. Any idea what is happening? We can type in control panel search...
  10. BSOD when using any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any browser: I recently bought a HP Probook and within days I started getting BSOD - I had it replaced by HP and the same model replacement is now also giving BSOD. I deliberately didn't install anything on it apart from Chrome. I'm getting BSOD all the time now when browsing - it doesn't...