Windows 10: I CANNOT USE "FAMILY TREE" SINCE THE NEW UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10

Discus and support I CANNOT USE "FAMILY TREE" SINCE THE NEW UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; , I USE 2006 FAMILY TREE MAKER AND MOST OF MY DATA HAS BEEN WIPED, IT HAS TAKEN ME YEARS TO RESEARCH AND IN A FEW MINUTES IT'S RUINED. ALSO, OTHER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ecall, Aug 10, 2020.

1. ecall Win User

I CANNOT USE "FAMILY TREE" SINCE THE NEW UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10

, I USE 2006 FAMILY TREE MAKER AND MOST OF MY DATA HAS BEEN WIPED, IT HAS TAKEN ME YEARS TO RESEARCH AND IN A FEW MINUTES IT'S RUINED. ALSO, OTHER THINGS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. AUDIO, INTERNET DROPPING AND GIVING FALSE POSITIVES, SAYING THERE IS NOT CONNECTION WHEN THERE IS. IT TELLS ME MY APP WILL NOT WORK IN WINDOWS 10, WELL IT ALWAYS DID, TILL THIS RECENT UPDATE

IT REFUSES TO BACKUP, PLEASE STOP DUMPING HALF FINISHED UPDATES ON US.

I HAVE LOST TWO HARD DRIVE DUE TO MICROSOFTS UPDATES. AND THIS IS A BRAND NEW LAPTOP THAT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY BEFORE THE INTERFERENCE OF YOUR NEW UPDATE. IT'S REALLY LIKE I'M BEING USED AS A GUINEY PIG AND ITS NOW VERY COSTLY TO ME.

I CAN'T EVEN GET TWO REPLACEMENT WINDOWS 10 FOR THE TWO BANJACKED HARD DRIVES, I EVEN TRIED PROFESSIONAL DATA COMPANIES AND THEY COULD NOT RETRIEVE MY FILES, TOO MUCH OF A LOSS.

EVERYTHING IS GETTING TO MUCH, IM DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF ALL THE HASSLE.

I AM COMPUTER LITERATE /WEB DESIGNER

I HAVE INVESTED IN A GAMING LAPTOP. and my fear is it will end up useless

, like my other machines

:)

ecall, Aug 10, 2020

2. Cannot install Family Tree Maker on Windows 10 computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Before you proceed, please make sure that all your windows updates are up to date.

I would suggest you to install the app in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right-click on the setup file and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the appropriate operating

system from the drop down list.

I would also suggest you to check for updates for the Family tree app.

You can refer to the thread below with similar problem where the issue was fixed by installing the app updates.

Family Tree Maker 2014 and Windows 10

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Aug 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 family tree builder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following information to assist you better.

• What is the exact issue that you facing with
      family tree builder?
    • Which version of Family Tree builder have you installed on the computer?
    Get back to us with the required information.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 10, 2020
  4. MariaPats Win User

Which Family Tree Builder is Better?

1. I'm going to create a family tree and can't make up my mind if it is better to download a family tree creator for Windows or to use a kind of
      family tree website <https:// treemily dot com/> to create it online. What are the pros of a desktop builder? As for an online builder, I think it is easier to edit a family tree from any location and any computer
      or even a smartphone. Please, share your experience with both types of family tree makers.

<Link modified by moderator>

MariaPats, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. I CANNOT USE "FAMILY TREE" SINCE THE NEW UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - CANNOT FAMILY TREE

2. Family Tree Maker 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Tree Maker 2019: Suddenly, I am unable to open the app Family Tree Maker 2019. I can't repair or uninstall it either. I downloaded another copy but it fails to execute. Windows 11 says there is a problem but no further information or help. Can you help?Harold...
  3. Family Tree Maker 16

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Tree Maker 16: Run Family Tree Maker 16 as l prefer that Version. Runs on Windows 10 or did. When l try to open it it says missing LTKRN13N.dll. Have tried uninstalling and reloading. When reinstalled it then automatically opens no problems but once closed l then get the same message...
  4. Family Tree Maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family Tree Maker: I had my computer reset and lost Family Tree Maker versions 2017 and 2019. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-tree-maker/44b24c95-12f7-4189-82c6-943333422ede
  5. Family Tree maker will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Family Tree maker will not open: My FTM 2010 program will not open, it says "file is corrupted", it has been working OK for about 8 years. If I Uninstall FTM, then re-install FTM prog, will I lose my 4000 plus names & details? 35 years of work. Cheers...
  6. Family Tree Database

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Tree Database: I have constructed simple form that graphically represents our family tree. Each name is a command button that calls up a report showing names, DOB, DOD, etc of offspring. Question: I would like family members to have the ability to use this FamilyTree.accdb app on their...
  7. Family Tree Maker 2006 // Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Tree Maker 2006 // Windows 10: Greg - I see your post of 10/3/2018 in reply to Pamela. With Win 7 support ending, I spent the past weekend transitioning from my old laptop with Win 7 to a new laptop with Win 10. File transfer, hard drive swap etc all went fine. POP email is a challenge and reloading...
  8. My Family Tree Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Family Tree Application: When I purchased a new Windows 10 computer I was able to transfer my family tree through a GEDCOM file. The new computer offered, through Microsoft Store, the application 'My Family Tree' which was free from the store. I downloaded this and it accepted the GEDCOM file quite...
  9. Windows 10 and Family Tree Maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Family Tree Maker: Hi Recently upgraded my windows to the current windows 10. I use a program called Family Tree Maker 2017, ever since the upgrade I am getting HMTL tags showing in reports, these were not there before the upgrade ie Now...
  10. Windows 10 update and Ancestory Family tree software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update and Ancestory Family tree software: My mother in laws computer recently updated to Windows 10 and all of the computer software has been deleted. I cant see a quick fix as she didn't back up the system regularly. Im presuming reinstalling the software- Office, Family tree etc is the only option? Second...