Windows 10: I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

Discus and support I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was able to use my fingerprint sign in option up until three days ago. It says that face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PangramKoacharoen, May 28, 2019.

1. I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

I was able to use my fingerprint sign in option up until three days ago. It says that face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device.

:)

PangramKoacharoen, May 28, 2019

2. fingerprint login option gone!!

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to this issue.

I suggest you to enable the biometric sign in option in setting and check.

Method 1: Enable the biometric sign in option

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

If you are unable to find the biometric sign in option, I suggest you to follow the instruction provided in method 2 and then perform method 1 on your computer and check.

Method 2: Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default.
    However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates -->Windows Components-->Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
      • Select enable option and click on Apply and
        OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided in method 1.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 28, 2019
  3. Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options

I have a Dell Latitude E5450 running Windows 10 and I'm trying to get its fingerprint scanner to work. At first there were no drivers but after googling for a while I found one and installed it:

I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option [​IMG]

Not sure if it is the right one but it's the only one I could find. When I go to sign-in options I see Password, PIN and Picture Password but not Fingerprint, or Windows Hello if that's what it's called.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

aleksakojadinov, May 28, 2019
  4. Emad1111 Win User

I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

Fingerprint option not available in log on screen

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried that and there is no Fingerprint sign in option in the Sign-in Options below the password box.

Emad1111, May 28, 2019
Thema:

I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

1. I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option - Similar Threads - cannot fingerprint sign

2. I cannot use fingerprint to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use fingerprint to sign in: Hello.I just bought a brand new Acer Swift 14 which has Windows 11 installed as OS, at the beginning I was able to use the fingerprint to log in, but suddenly my computer asks me only for my pin or my email password to log in, I cannot see the fingerprint option...
  3. I cannot use fingerprint to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use fingerprint to sign in: Hello.I just bought a brand new Acer Swift 14 which has Windows 11 installed as OS, at the beginning I was able to use the fingerprint to log in, but suddenly my computer asks me only for my pin or my email password to log in, I cannot see the fingerprint option...
  4. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  5. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  6. fingerprint in sign in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Fingerprint Sign In Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sign In Option: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 with the Windows Hello sign in options. I have been using the fingerprint sign in option ever since I got the laptop a few months ago. I've not had any problems with it. I just updated it and now that option is gone when I turn my laptop on and...
  8. sign-in-options not working for fingerprint

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    sign-in-options not working for fingerprint: I am unable to sign-in under anything but password - which is not accepted or not valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-not-working-for-fingerprint/140731c1-0822-4640-82d0-d66d79d1059b"
  9. Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options: Hi, I use to log into my windows 10 using finger print reader. However just recently i foolishly decided to add another finger print. When I did it, it asked my for my PIN, but I had forgotten it so I deleted it and then when I press "Add" under PIN my computer does...
  10. Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options: I have a Dell Latitude E5450 running Windows 10 and I'm trying to get its fingerprint scanner to work. At first there were no drivers but after googling for a while I found one and installed it: [img] Not sure if it is the right one but it's the only one I could find....