Windows 10: i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot use the keyboard or mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterKelly7, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:57 AM.

1. i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

I cannot use the keyboard or mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrage

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

4. John Fer Win User

i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thema:

i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

1. i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - cannot keyboard mouse

2. Cannot download photos after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download photos after latest upgrade: Hello, After the latest upgrade on Windows 10 , I can not transfer files from my Android phone to my PC, namely photos and videos. I have reinstalled the phone (which was deleted after the upgrade anyway) It searches for along time before telling me that it couldn't find...
  3. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade: Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out with the message: Windows Sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware. Same message for Windows...
  4. Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use Windows Sandbox after 1093 upgrade: Just upgraded to 1903 yesterday. Decided to try out Windows Sandbox. However, when I go to the program selection box, Windows Sandbox is grayed out with the message: Windows Sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware. Same message for Windows...
  5. cannot use keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot use keyboard: I cannot use my keyboard to type. Have to use the on screen keyboard which is slow. the driver is find. why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-keyboard/e989527d-f8f4-417f-afef-d728bdd4503f
  6. No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.: I have an Acer all in one 23" Desktop computer. After latest Windows 10 Update the Computer loads to Start Screen but the Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard are not seen(recognized) so when I click/move Mouse as I normally would the Pop-up Sign in box does not appear. There is no...
  7. After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login

in Windows 10 Customization
    After a Windows 10 reset mouse, keyboard not working, cannot login: Here we go again. Something simple like a PC reset goes **** and I cannot log in or use the mouse. Both are dead on Win 10 yet work fine with Linux on another hard drive on the same PC. My Dell does not have a PS2 input so I cannot try the PS2 fix. Everything was working...
  8. Cannot connect to wifi and open bluetooth after Windows 10 latest upgrades

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to wifi and open bluetooth after Windows 10 latest upgrades: hello all I cant connect to wifi and open bluetooth after Windows 10 latest upgrades. Even couldn't find wifi and Bluetooth icons at desktop. Can help me? Thanks...
  9. Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use scroll Function after upgrading: Hi, I just upgraded my Acer notebook from Windows 7 Pro the other day. Although my touchpad is working fine, I cannot have it enable scrolling. I remember that I had a Synaptics touchpad driver used in the Win 7 OS. After searching around on the web, I attempted the...
  10. Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update: Hello I am trying to figure out why I can not use my keyboard or mouse after updating to Windows 10. I can not even use mu usb mouse or keyboard... My laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E-S01UB. Thanks for any help! 14088