Windows 10: i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot use the keyboard or mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterKelly7, Sep 12, 2019.

1. i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

I cannot use the keyboard or mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrage

:)

PeterKelly7, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 12, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade

1. i cannot use the keyboard or the mouse after the latest windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - cannot keyboard mouse

2. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  3. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  4. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze. I have to pull out my USB mouse so I can click on the bluetooth icon in the systray and then click on "Show Bluetooth devices". As soon as the "Bluetooth and other devices" window appears, the mouse and...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update

Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update: HiWhen powerin on my pc my keyboard and mouse work just fine but once windows loads up into the lockscreen they do not work what so ever.This issue has occured to me BEFORE and a system restore fixed it however, if you read on you will see i attempted this again without any...
  7. After the most recent windows 10 update, i cannot use my keyboard or mouse, and i cannot...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the most recent windows 10 update, i cannot use my keyboard or mouse, and i cannot...: Hello, after performing the most recent update, i cannot use usb connected keyboard or mouse. i tried a number or keyboards or mice. different cables and stuff. nothing works. the bad part : i have an 2015 iMac. by using bootstrap i could install windows on it, with no...
  8. Cannot use Mouse and Keyboard with PC anymore.

Cannot use Mouse and Keyboard with PC anymore.: My PC has apparently stopped reading my Keyboard and Mouse. I think this has to do with a problem with the USB ports itself and not my mouse and keyboard. Whenever I start my PC my Keyboard's RGB lights light up so it is connected, but when my PC asks for my password the...
  9. Cannot download photos after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download photos after latest upgrade: Hello, After the latest upgrade on Windows 10 , I can not transfer files from my Android phone to my PC, namely photos and videos. I have reinstalled the phone (which was deleted after the upgrade anyway) It searches for along time before telling me that it couldn't find...
  10. Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update

Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update: Hello I am trying to figure out why I can not use my keyboard or mouse after updating to Windows 10. I can not even use mu usb mouse or keyboard... My laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E-S01UB. Thanks for any help! 14088