Windows 10: I cannot verify me email account.

Discus and support I cannot verify me email account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Owen0815, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Owen0815 Win User

I cannot verify me email account.

The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account but I don't have access to that email. I have done the account recovery form SEVERAL times and I keep getting denied. I don't know the subject line of emails I sent over a year ago and have no way of accessing that information. I guess my answers on the form aren't good enough. Nothing on your support page is helpful and when I call I just get a robot that tells me to go to the help page. It seems like the only route is the account recovery form

:)

Owen0815, Feb 12, 2024

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2024
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

1. I cannot verify me email account. - Similar Threads - cannot verify email

2. I cannot verify me email account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot verify me email account.: The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account but I don't have access to that email. I have done the account recovery form SEVERAL times and I keep getting denied. I don't...
  3. I cannot verify me email account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot verify me email account.: The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account but I don't have access to that email. I have done the account recovery form SEVERAL times and I keep getting denied. I don't...
  4. Cannot verify Microsoft account on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot verify Microsoft account on laptop: I can sign into my Microsoft account just fine on the Microsoft website, but when I try to verify my account in my laptop's settings, I am stuck in an infinite loop. It firsts asks me for my PIN, and whether I input the correct PIN or select "Use a method not listed here",...
  5. Cannot verify Microsoft account on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot verify Microsoft account on laptop: I can sign into my Microsoft account just fine on the Microsoft website, but when I try to verify my account in my laptop's settings, I am stuck in an infinite loop. It firsts asks me for my PIN, and whether I input the correct PIN or select "Use a method not listed here",...
  6. Cannot verify email to change lost password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot verify email to change lost password.: I sign into my computer through an email that I created when I first got the computer with the respective pin I made for it. I do not remember the password, and I cannot change it because to change the password you have to have an inbox set up with that email. I never used...
  7. cannot verify my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot verify my email: I tried couple of times veryfing my email. I typed the code that they gave me but everytime when I enter everything in result i get that my email wasnt veryfied. It says something like "This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been...
  8. Cannot verify my account

Cannot verify my account: From all appearances it looks like I'm signed in but Edge, Outlook, OneNote, Onedrive, etc are all NOT syncing. When I try to sign in I get the follow error message. This is happening on my laptop but on my desktop I get a message saying my account needs to be fixed, I follow...
  9. Cannot Verify Microsoft Account

Cannot Verify Microsoft Account: After Clicking verify I am greeted with this message even though my internet is working perfectly [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-verify-microsoft-account/36a8ae37-04ae-4f3f-a4ae-2c92177532a2
  10. I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account...

I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account...: I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 -version 1903 and after restarting and checking my account online it still doesn't load my name in settings.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...