Windows 10: I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account...

Discus and support I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 -version 1903 and after restarting and checking my account online it still doesn't load my name in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OliverGrant1, Jul 8, 2019.

1. I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account...

I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 -version 1903 and after restarting and checking my account online it still doesn't load my name in settings. I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account... 70bdc2fe-7639-46d8-9fff-5e9514ea3246?upload=true.png I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account... f768de2a-74f9-44d4-be8f-75895c25ed4c?upload=true.jpg

:)

OliverGrant1, Jul 8, 2019

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 8, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account... :(

Zakin, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account...

1. I cannot verify my account on Windows 10 and it displays my email instead of my account... - Similar Threads - cannot verify account

2. I cannot verify me email account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot verify me email account.: The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account but I don't have access to that email. I have done the account recovery form SEVERAL times and I keep getting denied. I don't...
  3. I cannot verify me email account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot verify me email account.: The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account but I don't have access to that email. I have done the account recovery form SEVERAL times and I keep getting denied. I don't...
  4. Verify My Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify My Account: So, Every few months i get a alert to verify my account from seemingly nothing. sometimes it doesnt need anything, and other times it needs me to change my password, and send a verification code to my phone number. is this a forced feature/option, or am i just hacked???...
  5. Verify My Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify My Account: So, Every few months i get a alert to verify my account from seemingly nothing. sometimes it doesnt need anything, and other times it needs me to change my password, and send a verification code to my phone number. is this a forced feature/option, or am i just hacked???...
  6. cannot verify my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot verify my email: I tried couple of times veryfing my email. I typed the code that they gave me but everytime when I enter everything in result i get that my email wasnt veryfied. It says something like "This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been...
  7. Cannot verify my new account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot verify my new account: Hi, I just bought a new laptop and when setting up the laptop with windows 10 pro, I could create a new account. So I created the following account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Afterwards when setting up this email in Outlook they ask a verification code....
  8. Cannot verify my account

Cannot verify my account: From all appearances it looks like I'm signed in but Edge, Outlook, OneNote, Onedrive, etc are all NOT syncing. When I try to sign in I get the follow error message. This is happening on my laptop but on my desktop I get a message saying my account needs to be fixed, I follow...
  9. Cannot verify my Microsoft account

Cannot verify my Microsoft account: I have just bought a new pc with Windows 10 2H20 version, direct from HP. I have Office Home/ Student from a a machine which failed early this year within a month. During set up I get a recurring problem that takes me to a screen which I have to add my telephone...
  10. Verifying my second email for my account not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verifying my second email for my account not working: When trying to verify my second email account I get this message. "You email address wasn't verified This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been entered. Try signing in with another Microsoft account." My goal is to take...