Windows 10: I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history

Discus and support I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robert GlynFairbank, Feb 18, 2021.

1. I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history

I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history

:)

Robert GlynFairbank, Feb 18, 2021
  2. PTF1 Win User

File History does not recognise external hard drive in Windows 10

I have attached an external hard drive and it has backed up my files I cannot access File History as It cannot detect the external hard drive.

I'm using Windows 10

3. File History does not recognise this drive

Hi Eeshwar

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried a quick reformat of the external drive - that did not work.

So I then did a full reformat - which took several hours - then disconnected the drive. After re-booting the machine and reconnecting the external drive File History persisted with the message "File History does not recognise this drive".

I have tried to read the forum you suggested but I got completely lost in all the attempts and failed suggestions that I was totally unable to discern what I should do to get File History to just use the now perfectly clean external drive.

Could you give me further guidance?

Peter L Murray, Feb 18, 2021
  4. I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history

File History does not recognise this drive

I have a new Windows 10 machine.

I started to use File History on an external drive to secure my data.

I then made a complete mess of accidentally loading data within the File History file.

So I deleted the File History file from the external drive.

Now Windows 10 refuses to recognise this drive as a suitable place to secure my data with the message "File History does not recognise this drive".

How can I get Windows 10 to be reasonable, and just do what I ask it to do?

Peter L Murray, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history

1. I cannt get Windows 10 to now recognise my external hard drive for file history - Similar Threads - cannt recognise external

2. File History not recognising external hard drive for backing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History not recognising external hard drive for backing up: HiI'm having issues with File History. It is turned off, and won't let me turn on. When I go through settings into update and security and into backup it says 'no usable drives found'. When I go through the Backup and Restore route, it says 'File History is off' and the...
  3. external hard drives not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drives not recognised: A problem has recently shown up. I have a lot of data archived on Seagate external hard drives. Recently, every single one has failed to show up and be accessible in This PC. They appear in Device Manager where they are each described as "Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk...
  4. i cannt reach my encrypted files on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cannt reach my encrypted files on my hard drive: i encrypted files on my computer and i changer the windows 2 days after and i do not own any certificate and it say The specified file could not be decrypted 0x80071771 . now i want my files back so how can i get my lost windows certificate and can i keep downloading a new...
  5. External hard drive not recognised

External hard drive not recognised: Hi Purchased a new H-D for my Dell A Seagate Barrcuda. Did a clean install to the new drive. at the same time I put the old drive in a brand new external enclosure with the intention of copying the files over. The "new" installation cannot access the USB drive, even though...
  6. File History not detecting my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History not detecting my external hard drive: I’m trying to backup my computer with File History and I’m trying to back it up to my external WD 4TB external hard drive. But when selecting the drives to back it up to, it only shows my HDD. submitted by /u/throaway9001 [link] [comments]...
  7. External Hard Drive not recognised

External Hard Drive not recognised: I have a brand new micrsoft surface and I cannot for the life of me get it to recognise my external hard drive. I read a similar post which required an input of a drive letter which seemed like what i needed to do, however i cannot click on the "change drive letter and...
  8. External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10

External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10: External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-recognised-by-windows-10/586fb24b-b574-4f17-93f7-1820576671af
  9. my external hard drive is NOT recognised

my external hard drive is NOT recognised: I have Windows 10 Home edition, How do I find Windows.old And How do I install my External Hard Drive, it does NOT show up on my PC. I need help asap. Please....
  10. External hard drive not recognised

External hard drive not recognised: Problem: I have two external hard drives that I have been using for backups etc. on my desktop running Windows 10 Home. I connected the external drives to my HP Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 to copy some files andit has changed the ownership to the external...