Windows 10: I can’t access a website on Windows 10

Discus and support I can’t access a website on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can’t access a specific website. Im using Windows 10 and Google Chrome but I have also tried Firefox with no luck. There is no error code and it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AustinAnthony, Dec 30, 2019.

1. I can’t access a website on Windows 10

I can’t access a specific website. Im using Windows 10 and Google Chrome but I have also tried Firefox with no luck. There is no error code and it just states “firewallerror” after the URL ex. texasfurnitureonline.com/firewallerror. I have turned the firewall off, done a clean boot, changed every setting in Chrome to “allow” and nothing will work. My co-workers are also having the same issue on their desktops.

:)

AustinAnthony, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

I can’t access a website on Windows 10

Website Access Denied

We're glad to learn that you can access the website now. We appreciate the list of troubleshooting steps that you posted. It would be very helpful to other community members who are experiencing the same thing.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other concern regarding accessing websites.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

I can’t access a website on Windows 10

1. I can’t access a website on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can’t access website

2. My pc can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc can’t access websites: It only started doing this a few days ago, but whenever I indirectly access the wifi like Use programs that require internet access, it works fine but when I try to visit any website, it says that the site can’t be reached. I’ve tried running the troubleshooter, I’ve tried...
  3. My pc can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc can’t access websites: It only started doing this a few days ago, but whenever I indirectly access the wifi like Use programs that require internet access, it works fine but when I try to visit any website, it says that the site can’t be reached. I’ve tried running the troubleshooter, I’ve tried...
  4. Website access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Website access: Hi All,I need help in one of the scenarios where,There is a website https://www.loopia.com which I'm unable to access through my domain system and the same website I can access when I am adding the alternative DNS address 8.8.8.8.There are no filters applied for this website...
  5. Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites: These are the methods I have tried to solve the issue listed: Restarted Computer Reset Network Cleared Cache and History All of it Troubleshooting with Proxy Network Chrome or Edge is effected with the same response Used Windows Troubleshooting Turned off Firewall and turned...
  6. Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites: These are the methods I have tried to solve the issue listed: Restarted Computer Reset Network Cleared Cache and History All of it Troubleshooting with Proxy Network Chrome or Edge is effected with the same response Used Windows Troubleshooting Turned off Firewall and turned...
  7. I can’t access windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t access windows: I started my HP computer and when the Windows sign in screen appeared I used the keyboard to type in my login name. It would only take 2 characters and then stopped responding. I tried the ease of access key board and got the same results. The computer was purchased on...
  8. Access website: I can no longer access a website I used regularly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access website: I can no longer access a website I used regularly: How can I bring up a website I had previously used, but now get message cannot be reached. * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-website-i-can-no-longer-access-a-website-i/1b4ba491-12b2-4432-bf16-7e7815f0e22a
  9. Website access issues in Windows 10

Website access issues in Windows 10: Hi As of yesterday, I have been unable to access a particular website (https://www.bsavaeducation.co.uk) using any internet browser (tried Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) on my Windows 10 machine. I can access most other websites fine from that machine. And I...
  10. Accessing a website

Accessing a website: I am trying to access this website to do homework, but it seems that I can only open such website on a friend's mac book. The website also works on my iPhone's safari browser but won't open on my laptop. I have a Windows surface tablet/laptop, the newest one to come out. I...