Windows 10: I can't access Administrator logon.

Discus and support I can't access Administrator logon. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 10 I added a guest account. When I went to logon, I selected the guest account instead of my administrator account. I logged on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tastyboi, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Tastyboi Win User

I can't access Administrator logon.

On Windows 10 I added a guest account.

When I went to logon, I selected the guest account instead of my administrator account.

I logged on my guest account, but it gave an error message saying, there is no set up for this account and the only option is "ok". When I click it returns me to logon as guest again without any option to change to administrator.

When I restart my computer, in every way, it always takes me straight to the guest account logon without anyother option. But that account doesn't allow any sort of access what so ever.

I've tried all types of restarting but it always just takes me to the guest account logon. It doesn't even give ne the bios start up screen.

Please help

:)

Tastyboi, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Can't turn off Windows 7 update.

Looking at that screenshot it would suggest you are not a system administrator? Do you have multiple users with different logon permissions?

Tatty_One, Feb 14, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't access Administrator logon. - Similar Threads - can't access Administrator

2. Can't get administrator access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get administrator access.: Hello, So, this is a tricky one. The OS is Windows 10 x64, last updated around 4 weeks ago, because I had to disable updates since I needed to run a very important program for 40+ days. UAC's consent.exe does not show up. I haven't set an administrator password. I tried a lot...
  3. Can't get administrator access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get administrator access.: Hello, So, this is a tricky one. The OS is Windows 10 x64, last updated around 4 weeks ago, because I had to disable updates since I needed to run a very important program for 40+ days. UAC's consent.exe does not show up. I haven't set an administrator password. I tried a lot...
  4. Can't get administrator access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't access drive even as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access drive even as administrator: Hello. I need help please and I appreciate I caused the problem.I can't access a drive. I now get "L:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." through the System Adminstrator. My other accounts don't even show the drive.This was created as I was using the drive's Security...
  6. Can't access things with administrator mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access things with administrator mode: Latest October 2020 update is stuck on downloading 100%. So I decided to stop windows update service and bits but windows won't let me. I am already in administrator cmd, where do I go from here? It throws "system error 5 occurred. Access denied." What do I do? submitted by...
  7. I can't access my built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my built-in administrator account: I have two accounts on my pc. One is the built-in admin account and the other is the one i created. I have problems with permissions on the account i created and i want to login in to my admin account and anytime i try, it tells me that something went wrong...
  8. Can't log on as administrator, access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log on as administrator, access denied.: I have a copy of Links 2003 that I ran with no problems under windows 7. I had to upgrade today to windows 10 because 7 will no longer be supported as of this coming Tuesday. I need to find out how to log on with Administrator privileges. Anyone have any suggestions? Jeff...
  9. Can't access anything Administrator required

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access anything Administrator required: I got a new computer, and was customizing settings. I activated the default Administrator account, and used that for stuff I needed permission for. I finished and signed out, and from my account ran the net user administrator /active:no command on an administrator command...
  10. Can't access anything with administrator password!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access anything with administrator password!: Hello, We upgraded our to 50mbs yesterday. I got a new modem so it required you to put in a new network name and password. I setup our xbox 1X, ps4, ps3, 3 smartphones and our tablet but when I set up my laptop it wouldnt let me access the internet so I set up a new...