Windows 10: I can't access all the features of Cortana

Discus and support I can't access all the features of Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 2004 version. I can't access all features of Cortana. For example, if I ask Cortana to send an email, she replies that she cannot do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kevin Polpitiya, Nov 28, 2020.

1. I can't access all the features of Cortana

I use Windows 10 2004 version. I can't access all features of Cortana. For example, if I ask Cortana to send an email, she replies that she cannot do so and if I ask her to play music, she says that she cannot do that yet, etc. Sometimes, I see a notification saying that Cortana needs permissions to continue. If I click the notification, it says that minors are not allowed to use their accounts. I am 16 years old. Am I still considered a minor? Cortana is up to date.

Any advice?

:)

Kevin Polpitiya, Nov 28, 2020

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 28, 2020
  3. mvand Win User
    Cortana not accessible after Cyan Update

I just got the update for Windows 8.1 (Cyan) pushed to my phone from AT&T and installed it, then got a nice text with links to an introduction to Cortana. After following the instructions on how to access and use it, it didn't appear to be on the phone
    or turned on. Followed the instructions to turn it on Settings > Applications. But Cortana doesn't show up in the list of Apps? Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

mvand, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

I can't access all the features of Cortana

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

I can't access all the features of Cortana

1. I can't access all the features of Cortana - Similar Threads - can't access features

2. I can't use some Personalize features all of a sudden or access the Microsoft Store. I also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use some Personalize features all of a sudden or access the Microsoft Store. I also...: I am currently running Windows 8 Pro on my desktop computer, but I can't use some Personalize features all of a sudden or access the Microsoft Store. Headed to PC Settings and found that I had to activate my Windows, but it doesn't seem to work. How can I fix this?...
  3. I can't use some Personalize features all of a sudden or access the Microsoft Store. I also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use some Personalize features all of a sudden or access the Microsoft Store. I also...: I am currently running Windows 8 Pro on my desktop computer, but I can't use some Personalize features all of a sudden or access the Microsoft Store. Headed to PC Settings and found that I had to activate my Windows, but it doesn't seem to work. How can I fix this?...
  4. How to fix my cortana not having all the features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my cortana not having all the features.: My cortana doesn't have all the features that i see online.It can't open apps or files.It can't even show me news https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-cortana-not-having-all-the-features/eb821e5f-f262-46ba-a1c3-beee10f0feda
  5. How to fix my cortana not having all the features.

How to fix my cortana not having all the features.: My cortana doesn't have all the features that i see online.It can't open apps or files.It can't even show me news https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-cortana-not-having-all-the-features/eb821e5f-f262-46ba-a1c3-beee10f0feda
  6. I can't access TrailMakers Multiplayer features. It just says "Account Denied Feature...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access TrailMakers Multiplayer features. It just says "Account Denied Feature...: Also, I have Gamepass Gold for PC, and no anti viruses. Please help I've been struggling for over a month https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-trailmakers-multiplayer-features-it/6ce38b63-88c3-4a36-94e6-19c0ff98fae4
  7. I can't access TrailMakers Multiplayer features. It just says "Account Denied Feature...

I can't access TrailMakers Multiplayer features. It just says "Account Denied Feature...: Also, I have Gamepass Gold for PC, and no anti viruses. Please help I've been struggling for over a month https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-trailmakers-multiplayer-features-it/6ce38b63-88c3-4a36-94e6-19c0ff98fae4
  8. I don't have all Cortana settings and i can't enable Cortana.

in Cortana
    I don't have all Cortana settings and i can't enable Cortana.: Hello, I don't have all my Cortana settings in Windows Settings and even in Task Bar. I would like to enable Cortana but I can't. My region settings are in the United States. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Any help! Thank you so much!...
  9. I CAN'T RESET CORTANA

in Cortana
    I CAN'T RESET CORTANA: Hi, I tried all the steps of making Cortana app forget everything I had input and when I sign in again I CAN'T RETRAIN my voice for Cortana. It just works back to normal. So I don't have a choice of train her to listen to my voice only. Can anyone help, thanks?...
  10. I can't access my USB at all!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't access my USB at all!: So recently I plugged in a brand new USB I had never used before and it worked just fine. The next day was when I had problems. I tried downloading an art program on the first day and everything was good so I safely ejected the USB and turned my computer off for the night....